School for The Criminally Gifted

“Mom, I don’t want to go to no stupid juvenile school!” I groaned, trying to pull from my mothers iron like grip on my arm.

Practically dragging me, she sent me a look that immediately meant to shut up. Looking up, my frown deepened at the gothic looking castle. It’s supposed to be some kind of isolated academy to teach ‘delinquents’ away from pressure and temptations. What a joke...

My mother only let go of my arm long enough to open up the huge wooden doors which required two hands before returning to my left arm. Inside lead immediately to silent halls with long black lockers aligned all the way down with doors on each side. Probley the classrooms were I’m going to spend the next three years.

I could barely feel my arm by the time we made it to the main office where a woman in her probley late twenties sat behind a dark wooden desk. Her hair was an midnight black color and spectacles sat at the nub of her mouse like nose, not even bothering to hide grey piercing eyes.

Mother coughed, obviously fake to get the receptionists attention. The woman looked up and smiled warmly, grey eyes somehow comforting.

“Hello! You must be Mrs. Sternly and this must be Adam.” She said nodding to both of us.

She’s pretty cheery to be working at a juvenile delinquent academy.

“Yes, we have an appointment with Mrs. Betwixt.” My mother’s shrill voice kept an even hard tone.

The woman must have either not noticed my mother’s tone or just ignored it because she kept her warm smile plastered on her face. Looking threw a couple papers she finally nodded and told us just to walk in.

Mother dragged me to the door before knocking and sending me a look that only meant one thing; to behave.

Not a second later did it open and my jaw go slack at the not only young but hot girl wearing a black button up shirt and a tube skirt that showed off lean legs and a nice ass. She looks around nineteen, twenty at most, with long wavy crimson hair and florescent green eyes. She also wore a pair of spectacles with chains with little skull charms hanging from the chain.

She smiled showing off pearly white teeth.

“You must be Mrs. Sternly and her son. Please come in.” she said motioning us in.

We walked in and I took a seat in one of the black leather seats while my mother took the other, placing her couch purse in her lap while I just spread my legs out in front of me, the chains hooked to my jeans clinking.

Mrs. Betwixt sat behind a black marble desk with tons of different knick knacks lining the corners that went from small plushies to postcards.

“I’m sorry about the mess, I haven’t gotten the chance to clean up.” she said smiling apologetically.

Taking a second, she managed in moving the few plushies to the window sill in her office that showed it was still around seven o’clock in the evening. 

“So, you’re here to finish your son’s transition to this school I presume?” she said after situating back in her seat, folding her hands on her desk.

Nodding, my mother straightened her back looking a bit nerves in front of this young principal.

“Yes, I have his stuff in my car right now. He’ll be able to move into his dorm tonight, am I correct?” my mother said.

Mrs. Betwixt nodded, a thin line replacing the smile from earlier.

“Yes, and I can give you two the grand tour in about-” she glanced down at a watch on her thin pale wrist.