Last day of school?

New day, new chores. My old man woke me up at 4:00 AM again but this time I had enough  time to make lunch for school. As I started to prepare my last sandwich, the school bus started beeping at our front door. So I just left the two sandwiches on the table for my brothers to take and I took some old bread with me along with some water and ran outside to catch my bus.

I sat in the front again where so called 'losers' sit. In class, I was told to sit in the front row since it was where the 'losers' would now sit. Funny thing is that in my class we only had one 'loser' which was me so we didn't have 'losers'. I doubt you understood what I just wrote but that's basically my childhood, it was full of confusion and loneliness.

'Can you Nargis, read the next paragraph.' said my teacher in her brittle voice. I hate reading out loud in front of  an army of students. 'The at..mo..sssphe..re, AAtmosph..ere, i mean atmosfer no, no, sorry Miss.' I couldn't read because i hadn't opened a book since my mother had left. My heart started pounding and all these thoughts regarding how i would be made fun of at lunch time increased my heart rate. 'Try again, Nargis' repeated my teacher.

'Th..The at..mos..fe.' I mumbled. 'Stop and get out, you...'' My mind went blank, i couldn't hear her and i completely lost my balance. I collapsed on the floor and couldn't even move my arm. My vision was blurry, the only thing i could see was a bright white light. A girl came and helped me get back on my feet. With my legs and arms shaking, i walked out of the classroom and waited for the day to end.

To be honest,  i never completed my homework, i never passed any of the tests and i didn't speak out in lessons so obviously my teacher would be angry. I was called to the principle's office who spoke to my old man. All the adrenaline rushed over my body. The trembling fear of going back home would bring the death of me for sure today.

As soon as i reached home, i ran into the toilet to avoid being questioned but he jumped in front   of me before i had the chance to go in. 'Why are you running away?' he screamed. I swifted back slowly to distance myself from him, in order to keep the gap between us so i had little  chance of being hit aggressively.  'Um...', i muttered.  'Stop making excuses, you are wasting my money, why can't you just study and do well?' He shouted again, 'I..I..' I replied before i was interrupted. 'You and your excuses, you fat, ugly b****!'' He screamed. I couldn't hear anything again suddenly, my mind went blank. I tried to focus, but i couldn't. Why?  Why does it always happen to me? i kept asking myself. 'Are you even listening to what  i am saying?' He asked. 'ye...ah.' replying back. 'You don't have school anymore, i am not going to waste money on you anymore!' He responded. 'Please, let m...' I pleaded before he left. The tears started rolling down my cheeks once again. I had no hope now. Everything was over because from now on i will be here forever.