"Do you like how Ian smells?"

Carl wasn't sure when he dozed off but he jolted awake when he felt a hand on his shoulder shake him. Mickey, now only in a pair of boxer shorts, was crouching in front of him, waking him, where he was curled against the wall.
"Hey," Mickey grunted and Carl flushed with shame. "You watching me and your brother or something?"
When Carl couldn't answer, Mickey gently pulled him up. Ian was leaning against the opposite wall, only in his underwear too, favouring his right side. The peas he'd been holding against the purpled bruise were gone.
"Up to bed with you," Mickey continued and started to steer Carl towards the boys' bedroom.
"Fiona's," Carl objected softly. "I'm in Fiona's bed tonight. With Bonnie."
"Your girlfriend?" Ian asked and Mickey sighed.
"Come on," Mickey huffed and just about hefted Carl under his arm to carry him into the room down the hall.
Bonnie was sleeping on her side when Mickey helped Carl onto the bed and when Mickey moved to leave, Carl reached out and wrapped a hand around his wrist.
"Do you like how Ian smells?" Carl asked softly and Mickey halted.
He thought on it for a moment before he nodded his head once. "Yeah, kid."
When he was gone, Carl rolled over closer to Bonnie but not so close that he'd wake her and he knew that was exactly what he wanted with his first love.