Childhood

* Going back to past 9 or 10 years*

I was in my room casually sitting on the floor, my toys all spread out on a bright sunny spring day. Being only had just turned 6 years old a few weeks ago, was awesome. Everyone my family knew came, even my best friend; Harry. We do everything together. So here I was lying on the floor, toys off to the side and my coloring book in front of me; my crayons everywhere. Busy coloring a unicorn in different colors. 

Just then I hear my mum call from downstairs. "Peanut, your friend Harry is here for your play date." Mum calls. 

A smile spreads across my face, I always like it when he comes over to play. Other kids at school tease me that he's my 'boyfriend' but no. I heard tiny footsteps come up the steps, then the door opens and in comes my curly haired best friend stumbling over my toy Barbie doll and falls right on his back. I gasped and crawled over to him. 

"Harry!" I called, giggling after. "You ok?" I looked down at him to see him laughing too.

"Hehe, yeah. It's Barbies fault, she was in my way. Why is it that this one always gets me?" Harry gets up on his knees and picks up the Barbie doll he tripped over, almost like he's talking to it.

"She doesn't like you I guess." I shrugged. Sitting in front of him.

"That's mean! She doesn't like me." Harry fake pouts.

 I looked at him weirdly. I moved closer " Don't be sad Hawy! I like you" I hugged him. I said exactly like I did when I was 4. 

"Yay!" He hugged me tighter. "Hey Sierra! Wanna come to the playground with me?" Harry asks. 

"Harry, you know we can't go without either one of our parents being there. My mom can't because she has to look over my little brother Chase. What about your mom." I shrugged. 

"Uh, I don't know. Come with me, we'll go ask her." Harry stood up, grabbing my wrist in the process and running down the hall and down the steps. 

"Kids walk. Don't want anyone falling down the steps, now." My mum warned. 

"Sorry, mum. Can I go over Harry's house to see if his mom can come watch us while we're at the playground if we can, please?" I felt Harry's tiny little hand take mine. 

"How long do you plan on being at the park, Harry?" she turned to him. 

"Maybe just a few hours, not sure." Harry said, letting go of my hand. 

"Alright, you can go but be safe. Keep an eye on each other." Mom told us. We nodded and headed out of the house. Harry's house was maybe 4 or 5 away from mine, so we could easily but I wanted to go on my scooter.

I stopped by the open garage and grabbed my scooter, "Harry! Wanna ride on it with me?" I asked as I brought it out. He always wanted one of the kinds that I have, so he happily nodded his head and got on behind me. Putting his arms tightly around my waist and I went off to his house. I felt him put his chin on my right shoulder, I looked at him quickly and smiled. 

Harry gasped "Sierra! Tree!!!" He shrieked. 

My eyes widened and turned my head around and we rammed right into a tree, both falling over, me falling on him. "Oopsie!" I giggled as we laid there on the ground. 

"That was actually fun!" Harry flopped his arms around. 

I just laughed as I got back up, picking my scooter up. "I'll pay more attention this time. Come on, I wanna go to the play ground! 

"Yay! Then maybe before you got home, we can get my mum to get us ice cream." Harry bounced as he got back on. I smiled as I kicked us off again.  We get there to his house after 5 more minutes and I just throw the scooter on the grass. We ran up to his door, following him inside after he threw open the door.