Chapter 5

Saturday
November, 21

Cole wakes up at 3:50 dripping with sweat. He goes into the bathroom to dry his face off when he sees a light in the kitchen. This early? Cole throws the towel down and tip-toes to the hallway so he could get a glimpse of whoever was there.
It was his dad! And he was looking at all the pictures in the binder! Cole walks back to his room to think. What the heck is his dad doing? He obviously is hiding something from me! He hears footsteps coming toward his room. Probably his dad! Cole jumps into his bed, closes his eyes, and pretends to be asleep.
     His dad opens the door, he sees nothing suspicious so back he went to the kitchen.

•••

     Cole wakes up now at 8:30. I must've fell asleep when dad came in. Why in the world would he be looking at the binder. After minutes of thinking, Cole hears his mother.
     "Honey-Bunchkins with hot fudge and sprinkles..." Said Cole's mom
     "Oh my gosh Mom, seriously. You know how you've been telling me I need to go to a therapist for my dreams, well I think you need to go to one too. Because before you know it you're going to be calling me that in public!"
     "Um... Remember it slipped out when I was with you and Emma at the movies?"
     "No!"
     "Oh well Emma heard it!"
     "Are you kidding me! What a..."
     "Don't finish that sentence young man! Now, as I was going to say. It's the weekend, your girlfriend is in the hospital and your sitting in your room arguing with me. So, get cleaned up and come in the living room so we can set up something for Emma.
    "Fine."

20 Minutes Later

      "So, I got some flowers and a vase. You're going to make the treat!" Said Cole's mom
    "What might that be?" Said Cole
    "Cuppie cakes!"
    "Mom, no normal mom says 'cuppie cakes'!"
    "Whatever! I got the ingredients out on the counter  for you to start."
    The rest of the day was spent cooking and doing weird dances to Cole's mom's Spotify playlist (Which mostly consisted of Dora the explorer, Barnie, and on occasion if they were lucky, the Teleutubbies.)