Chapter 2

Thursday
November, 19

     "Mom! I'm not kidding! Creepy people keep coming into my dreams! Last night a goat named Gary wanted me to come into his car for a Popsicle! I was like 'stranger danger' dude! I ain't getting no Popsicles in that piece of metal you call a car!" Said Cole
     "Cole it's probably just a little phase. Remember when you were addicted to Dora and all of your friends made fun of you? It's that kind of thing." Said Cole's mom
     "Mom don't you dare bring that up! I was 8 and didn't have a life... So get over it!"
"Well whatever. I need to go finish the dishes, maybe if it keeps happening we can call a therapist."
"Oh the place where they say 'are you feeling ok' a million times a day!"
"I need to go!"
"Bye"
•••
When Cole got back from school, nobody was home. Luckily there wasn't a bomb threat at his sisters school today. So they were still there for about another hour.
     To keep himself busy, he went into the upstairs storage room to look at old pictures. He took the big binder, closed the door, and went downstairs to the kitchen.
     When he opened it, memories exploded into his mind. Birthdays, family trips, and tons of different adventures. Something that was never brought up to Cole was his birth. Living in a family of 5, his parents never brought it up to him. To him it wasn't that big of a deal.
     The first day Lexie got first on the leaderboard, the opening of 'Honestly Technology', Isabelle and Jordan's first date, school pictures, Emma and Cole in their matching Halloween costumes, and of course the building of their mansion.
The binder was so huge it took hours for Cole to go through it. His sisters came back, surprisingly no Jordan, it took him so long his parents even got home before he finished.
"Hey buddy, watcha doing?" Said Cole's dad
"Just looking through some old pictures." Said Cole
" COLE! YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT ALLOWED!" Screamed Cole's dad taking the binder.
"What! Their just old pictures, you never said I couldn't look at them!"
"Well now you know! They're going in my safe for now!"
Cole was shaken the rest of the night from what happened. He didn't understand it! Why couldn't he just look through some stupid family pictures?
Instead of watching a movie with his family, Cole just went to his room to gather his thoughts. He just couldn't grasp why his dad got so mad at him. Was it an embarrassing picture? A family murder? No, that for sure wasn't it! Oh! Maybe something to do with his birth!
It was all coming together now! His parents never talked or told him about it! There must be something they're hiding. And he's going to find out what it was.

•••
Cole's Dream ~

Come
Come
Come

All shall be revealed

Pick up the binder and nothing will be concealed

You can't trust anyone

So pick up the pace

Get on your way

Before it's too late...

•••