Chapter 3

Friday
November, 20

•••

     When Cole wakes up from his weird dream, long strands of sweat are dripping down from his face. His hair is  moist. His pillow is sopping wet too!
     "MOM!" Said Cole
     "What do you need Hunny-Bunchkins with hot fudge and sprinkles?" Said Cole's mom
     "Do I even..."
     "Nope, sorry, I forgot! What do you need?"
"Another bad dream! I think something is wrong with me!"
"Fine I'll call the therapist!"
"NO! Do not call anyone!"
"Why? You clearly have a problem!"
"Mom! Who says that to their child?"
"Sorry!"
"I have a weird question to ask... Who gave birth to me?"
"Excuse me! I did! I went through all the pain and misery of getting you out of my system!"
"Oh...ok"
"Cole you're being kinda weird! Are you sure you don't want me to call the therapist? We can even get an ice cream after!"
"Are you kidding me! MOM, FOR THE LAST TIME, IM NOT 4 YEARS OLD ANYMORE!! Said Cole slamming the door.
Cole thought to himself for awhile. He crossed off the birth idea of the picture binder. He just couldn't put his finger on what it was.
"Honey the bus is here!"
Cole dashes out the door with one shoe tied, his backpack half open, a spoon of yogurt in his mouth, and his hair like a greasy mess.
When he gets to Jefferson United, he goes to his first class (English) and sits down at a desk to wait for class to start. Emma and Cole have all the classes together, but she wasn't there yet.
     The bell rings and class begins without Emma. She didn't show up all day. Cole though to himself. She probably is sick!

•••

     Cole walks home alone with no one to talk to or to laugh with. He gets home and no one is there, again alone. But all of a sudden, a light bulb dings in his mind... The photo binder!
     He has about an hour before anyone gets home and he knows the lock for his dad's safe!
     Cole runs upstairs and goes into his dad's closet. Unlocks the safe and
BEEP
BEEP
BEEP
     "Oh shoot dad put an alarm on it!"
     Cole dashes out the house headed for Emma's house. He had the perfect plan! He would go to Emma's house and pretend he never went home. He just went straight to her house after school.
     When his parents would tell him an alarm went off he would act surprised and scared like he never did it.
     Cole arrived at Emma's house and rain the doorbell. Emma's parents opened the door with dried tears on their face.
     "Is Emma home!" Said Cole
     "Emma has the Zika Virus" said Emma's parents in unison.

~ I hope your enjoying the book so far! Don't forget to vote and follow! Thanks!