Something New

Killian sat at the dining room table tapping his fingers on the wood. He didn't understand what why his daughter had such an interest in starting at a box filled with lies, Emma called it the Television. "What's wrong?" he heard Emma was as she poured the pasta into the boiling pot of water on the stove. "Why must she watch these shows? It's a bloody joke; she should be doing something productive!" Killian said flatly. Emma smiled "do something productive with her then, something new that she hasn't done before maybe" Emma suggested.

Killian thought for a moment. "That's it!" he exclaimed. He jumped up from where he was sitting and went over to his daughter, taking a seat next to her. "Hi daddy" Hope said, turning the TV off almost immediately. She loved spending time with her father much more that she loved watching Dora the explorer. "Princess, I think is high time you learn some Elfish, I learnt it as a boy and it's come in handy over the past few years, besides, how many of your friends can say they can speak Elfish?" Killian said opening the note book that was on the coffee table. "Actually, Felicity can, her dad is an Elf" Hope explained. Killian chuckled a little "Well then, you and Felicity can have your own secret language at school then can't you lass" he smiled. Hope seemed to like this idea a lot.

"Let's start with the basics shall we..." he began

                                                                      ********************

Unsurprisingly Hope was a natural; she learnt to basics and more and even started to read certain words when Killian wrote them down on the note book. "Mommy! You should learn too and then we can all talk Elfish together!" Hope chuckled.