Questions

Killian and Emma sat at there kitchen table eating a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, waffles, fruit and coffee. It had been a long week and they were enjoying their Saturday morning and the fact that they didn't have any plans for that day except going to Snow and Charming's house later for dinner. But for now, they could relax, chill  out, maybe have a movie day with their daughter.

Hope was sitting on her knees in the living room coloring a picture of a beautiful garden, there was flowers, butterflies, fairy houses and little lady bugs. Hope was still learning how to color in the lines but Killian and Emma loved the finished result no matter what.

Suddenly her voice travelled towards the kitchen "Where to babies do come from?" she asked, not looking up from her picture. Both Killian and Emma almost spat out their coffee. Killian cleared his throat "they come from a mothers stomach lass, you know that". Hope sighed, put down her markers and walked over to the kitchen table before taking a seat next to her mother. "Yes I know, but.. How do they get there? In the stomach I mean" she asked innocently. Hope was a very intelligent child for only 6 years old, but Emma never imagined having to explain this to her at such a young age. She didn't even have to explain it to Henry, she supposed Regina had already done that. Emma and Killian both looked at each other, exchanging silent words as to who was going to take this one, it was decided that Emma would start at least. "Well kid, when two people love each other very much and they want to have a baby, they have ummm, they have... a special hug that they do, which - " Emma's explanation was cut short. "No, No, No, love, I don't think it's a good idea to dance around these subjects, our daughter is a smart girl, she'll understand" Killian said confidently. Emma raised an eyebrow, she agreed with Killian, but she knew she felt awkward explaining it "you want to explain it then?" she said. Killian looked directly at his daughter. "Look lass, when two people decide they want a baby, they have what is called intercourse. A mother has tiny eggs inside her and a father has what is called sperm, together they make a fetus, the fetus grows into a baby in a mother stomach and when it's ready, the mother gives birth to it, does that make sense love" he finished occasionally looking over at Emma. Hope squinted a little thinking about what Killian had said to her "So, is that how I'm alive?" she asked. "Yeah, kid, it is, same as every other person on the planet" Emma confirmed. Emma and Killian waited for another question awkwardly whilst their daughter processed all the information. "Okay" she finally said, jumping down from the chair and running back to the living room to finish her coloring.

Hope is coloring one day and out of no where asks "where do babies come from?"