1_: Wake up, storm is coming!

A/n: Hello!

Firts chapter! It's been a challenge to write this down. As you may know, English is not my first language but, I'm putting my very best intention in this story and I want it out of my head while making it enjoyable. Sorry if a mistake or two slipped past all my and my friend's readings. I really want to know what you think about it so far! So, get in touch with me!!! *-*

Thanks are a must to WildWestWind for making more sense of my writing. Really you have no idea, she is awesome!

________________________

Morning, again.

Another day was starting, and from what the window was showing, this day was starting really bad for Raven.

Black sky at ten in the morning? Come on, how am I supposed to get to grandma with this thunderstorm?

Raven was the almost-eighteen-year-old daughter of a Human father and a Were mother. At least that was the theory. In real life she had lived in the Stars Academy since she was five. Without parents. Yeah. Most of her friends at school, and even her brothers didn't care. But Raven resented it, she wasn't even able to tell why, but she missed them.

Her grandma had moved in a cottage in the forest, not far from the Academy and her parents' home, when she was born. Nadia was a Witch and an Earth and Fire Elemental. She had raised Raven and her two-year-older brother, Mike, until they both started the Academy. Her other brother, the oldest, reached maturity age, at twenty five, about six months before. She hadn't been receiving any from him in the past two months.

It wasn't a long way to her grandma's cottage. But it still was a trail straight across the forest in the middle of a storm. A storm that promptly made itself known with a booming thunder, snapping Raven back to present time.

Sighing and drawing her gaze away from the dripping window, she got up from bed and walked to her closet. Choosing a pair of tight-fitting black jeans and a dark green hoodie, Raven laid her clothes on the bed and dragged herself in the shower.

I need at least a double coffee. it was her last thought before hot water drowned her mind into bliss.

It was the last week before she turned eighteen, and before her Change, which was why she was going to her grandma. The Academy had given her, like every one else, two weeks to prepare herself, the first she spent doing exercise to try and empty her mind of her worries. Her system was very simple and so far had worked well, meditation during the day and getting drunk with her friends at night. Unfortunately for her, Nadia, her grandma, decided she should spend the last week going through what she had learned.

Her birthday was next Friday and the night after that day everything would change. Before that moment every child and teenager is human, with no indication of which species or group he would end up living as. That night Were will experience their first shift. Vampires would die only to wake the next morning with fangs and all. Dragons would shift into their new form as well as Angels, Demons,Trolls, or whatever other race they now belong to. Witches, Wizards and magical groups would also feel the stirring of power within them. All the while Humans would simply have a good night sleep.

Lucky ones, Humans. If only there was a way to know what the hell I'm going to be! Raven thought wearily, while drying her slim body.

Her hair, part of the reason for her name and midnight black, fell perfectly straight behind her shoulders to her waist. Always straight, no matter what, they framed her face and alabaster skin. Her friends at the Academy often told her she was beautiful, the stares and catcalls she often received in the halls and clubs were proof of the effect she had on people around her. She didn't care, at least not until she knew who her people would be.