6_: Easy life is no life

A/N: As it happens I have something to say, please read 'cause it's quite important, I'll try to keep it short (edit: failed). I noticed there are many people on wattpad looking for nice clean romances, love stories with actually very nice bad guys, fairy tales and so on. I've nothing against them, if good written, believe me...  My point is: this ain't one of those.

Emotion are (if I can manage to put them into words, that is) the foundation of this tale. But not just some, the whole spectrum of them. Hatred, loath, betrayal, dislike, caring, friendship, love, desire and anything in between. Since emotions are going to play a major role, so sex does and acts of love do. I won't skip over them because they are important.

Just as important as it is for the reader to understand that this tale has a dark and gloom setting.

It's an unforgiving world, the people who inhabit it have forsaken friendship and families for power, survival and hate and they will act accordingly. Raven's covens is an exception and the further we walk into the story, the more of the world will come into focus and you will feel the difference (hopefully).

I'm telling this because if you are interested in a quiet or funny or heartwarming story you might want to leave now. Not because you won't find those here, but because every coin has two faces, and here I'll write of both, in depth and not necessary in the usual order. I said in my profile that I'm a fantasy dreamer, but each time I close my eyes I can't tell you if it'll be a nice dream or a nightmare. Two faces, one coin. ;)

That said I'm happy to receive any comment, nice, ugly, insane, screaming, insulting. I like 'em all.

Thanks to my editor (as always) WildWestWind!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The roar that answered Alice question was better than any come-back Raven could have come up with. It actually made her bubble of water quiver a bit.

"I think that settles it." Raven smiled toward Alice. Brobdin snorted in what she supposed was amusement.

"Right, do you three guys mind to stay with the twins? This Locker people hadn't shown their noses around since the fight, but I don't really trust them to stay away from the twins." She asked, looking at Akia since she was asking her a lot, spending the last day before her change in a hospital bedroom. She nodded, followed by Sy, and when Raven turned to look at the Dragon a thought rang in her head.

Not a problem, boss. The male voice in her mind scared the shit out of her, making the bubble drop completely and drenching them in the space of seconds. They all stared at the huge head as it stopped mid-nod. He looked at them, tilting slightly his head. They all just stared at him in a sort of trance until Alice voice chimed in.

"Did you just broadcast that thought?!" She asked a little dumbfounded. A slow smile creeping on her face.

I did What? Came the reply in their heads.

"Yes! Woh ho!! We have a telepathic Dragon!" She shouted in Raven's face, bouncing up and down.

"Now, why would you ever think so?" She replied glancing down at her now very wet clothes. She leveled her gaze at her friend and cut off her reply. "Is it the cold shower merit you became such a fast-thinker?"

"At least I don't become a frozen-thinker!" She answered narrowing her eyes.

Twenty minutes and countless cheap verbal jabs later Raven finally noticed that the two of them were standing alone in the rain. She vaguely remembered someone saying something a while back, but at the time she was too focused.

"Where did they go?" Alice asked.

"I have no idea, but I know where we should be right about now." She answered looking her eyes widen.