Village Life-Elena POV

My name is Elena I am 16 years old and live in the village with my little sister Isabel, and our grandparents. Sounds like an amazing life right? Wrong. The war against Shariki has been going on since I was born and even before that. The royals have been locked away for years but the army was still fighting them and when the royals were finally freed Shariki was defeated. That would be amazing except for one thing my parents, they were gone. One day, when I was 10 and Isabel was 6 my parents and some of their friends tried to rebel against Shariki. Isabel and I sat by our door for hours and hours waiting for them to come back
Flashback
We waited by the door excited for stories of victory against Shariki! The news came on I knew it would be praising my parents and their friends for standing up to Shariki. Grandmother and Grandfather vowed that we wouldn't watch the news 'in case' in case of what? We walked to the center of the village where children my age, older, and younger sat in a circle around a bonfire (it was late at night and winter). I walked over to my friend Naomi her mother went to fight Shariki as well but Naomi's father didn't know and stayed late working on the docks.
"Naomi."
"Elena."
"Any news about the fight yet?"
"Not a word."
"Does your father know where your mother went yet?"
"Nope, she knew if he did he would go and she needed someone to stay with me 'in case'."
"I am so confused with all these in cases."
We heard eruptions and other loud noises but one thing caught my attention there were sparks flying, magic sparks bright green magic sparks.
"E-Elena." Isabel said, "D-did they win?"
"I don't know Isa, but I believe they did."
"Naomi darling come to our house dear." Grandmother said.
"And hurry!" Grandfather rushed.
I grabbed my jacket and so did Naomi and Isabel as we walked joyful backed to our house thinking this would be a victory party.
"My mom must be picking me up from your house because she said to what in town square for her." Naomi said hopefully. Her dad still didn't know what was going on and was surely going to be angry that his wife went to fight without him.
"Ya I guess." I said.
We reached the house as we were ushered in quickly and then grandmother locked the door.
"Children." Grandmother said.
"What?" I asked.
"Y-your parents they uh d-didn't beat S-Shariki."
"Your right!They crushed her." Naomi said.
"No-No they dominated her." I said.
"Ya." We all nodded.
"U-um n-no." Grandmother tried again.
"What?" We replied.
"Your parents t-their gone f-for good."
"What?" We said.
"Shariki beat them and that wasn't good enough for her she had to get rid of them. They were a threat to her rule they had to go." Grandfather said.
At that moment we all understood we sat there crying for hours and hours until...
"Is Naomi here?" Naomi's dad asked.
"Yes." Naomi said as she dried her eyes.
"Where is your mom?" He asked looking around. With that Naomi started sobbing.
"W-what happened?" Her dad asked.
"You know the rebellion that was going on against Shariki tonight." Grandfather started.
"Yes." He replied his voice raising.
"Your wife she went."
"What?!" He cried. Naomi's dad was a tough man but he started crying and so did everyone at that moment we had to except they risked their lives but sadly they couldn't beat Shariki.
"Well thank you for watching Naomi. We will be going now." He said as they left are house.
"Isabel go to bed." They directed.
"Elena, Isabel she doesn't understood this really yet we need your help ok?"
"Ok." I replied.
Present
"Elena."
"Yes Grandmother?"
"We are nearly broke your Grandfather is already working tons of shifts at the dock and my restaurant isn't exactly taking off."
"So what's up?"
"We need you to look for a job too."
"Ok but what can I do I'm not finished school quite yet."
"Well the Royal guard has some openings."
"I don't know Grandmother, what if?"
"What if? You sound just like your father."
"I know I know."
"Please Elena we could use the money."
"Fine." I sighed.
Thank you guys for reading my new story Elena of Avalor Reversed! Hope you enjoy this story! I don't own the characters and those of you reading my other Fanfiction I am still mainly focusing on that story I just had an idea and wanted to give it a try I hope you enjoy!