Basic Science Information

What is science? The subject you are forced against your will to learn? The subject you take all your notes near finals slam them into your face and hope you absorb all the information? 

No, that isn't what science is.

Well, yes it is.

That isn't what the real definition is though.

Science is basically a process used to collect, organize, and analyze info. in an attempt to discover patterns and answer questions about the Natural World, otherwise known as the Cosmos.

In other words, science is used to get information and to study it and organize it to figure out things about the world.

Qualitative vs. Quantitative Data 

Qualitative data doesn't use numbers, but it is described with colors, textures, smells, gender, economic status and religious preferences. 

Quantitative data uses numbers and data which can be measured. 

Hypothesis- an educated guess without knowledge of the actual truth.

Theory- a system of ideas intended to explain something.

Law- statement based on repeated experimental observations that describes some aspect of the universe.

Natural World- everything existing in nature that isn't man made. 

Hopefully this wasn't too boring, but the basic crap you need to know is mostly definitions and I tried to shorten them while still leaving the important stuff. If you have any other definitions or anything people might need to know that I might have missed mention them in the comments to help people out. 

-TwilightLithia