9 - Lingering Death

"Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?" Sans asked. "That's just another problem about having other souls. Because they are trapped in a cage made of the void, you'll get that feeling." I said. I felt a pain in my soul, causing me to clutch my chest and fall to my knees. "(Y/n), what's wrong?" Toriel asked. "One of the souls is dying. My original soul." I gasped. A cracked soul appeared in front of me. It was obviously pieced together by somebody. I summoned all the souls, and shoved them away from me. I kept my original by me, and dragged myself to the end of the dock. I saw Blueberry's soul come to me, but I pushed him away. "You tried, and you saved me one time. You can't keep fixing my soul, and you know that." I said, struggling to say it all. Flowey started to betray me, and start to take form. I smacked his soul, causing him to stop. I sent all the souls up, smiling, knowing they are now free. I saw a few new cracks in my soul because of Flowey. I sighed, and whistled for a dolphin. The baby dolphin I had found a few months ago came up to me, and waited for my signal to go. I held on the his fin, and asked him to go. I used my remaining strength to hold on. I smiled as I died, knowing all the souls were set free, as well as the soulless beings trapped in my body. My body fell limp, and was carried away into the sunset. And this time, I'm glad there were no second chances.

Songs used throughout the book:

1 - Sad Song
2 - Little Do You Know
3 - Don't Let Me Down
4 - Shissou (English)
5 - Lean On
6 - Stitches
7 - Headphones
8 - Stamp on the Ground
9 - Loser Like Me