Can't Choose Family

First and foremost, Can't Choose Family is basically PG-13. So you have been warned of the content of this story. This story is all fiction.

Introduction

Melanie is being rushed into emergency surgery; her contractions are less than 10 seconds apart and she can fill her baby comes through. She is giving birth to her first daughter after being married to her husband Steve for five months.

Steve is speeding to the hospital after a wild guy's night out with his best friend Jason. They arrive at the hospital and are escorted to where baby Alisha is being held. Steve holds Alisha for the first time, gazing into her soft green eyes. She looked so peaceful, he look at his best friend to share his excitement and happiness only to find those same soft green eyes staring back at him on Jason's face. Steve suddenly was filled with rage..... His anger consumed him swallowed him. He tried to do the right thing by marrying Melanie to help out with the baby. The betrayal hit him hard, He couldn't stand to listen to Jason explain and just told him to leave.

Chapter 1 (fifteen years later)

Alisha's mother left when she was a toddler and her father Steve just commited suicide in their apartment. She calls the police in a panic but slowly calms because she realizes there is nothing they can do he is already dead. Alisha has heard all the foul things that happens to teens in homes, how miserable they are and hopeless. She grabs her backpack and begins to stuff things in there, a couple pairs of clothes and some random papers on her dad's desk and some kind of keepsake box. She ran to the roof steps waiting to hear social services and the police. She heard the sirens and police coming up the stairs, she ducks and looked through the window, watching the scene from the fire escape. They were taking her provider away the only guy she has ever loved or really known. Alisha watches as the lady from family services looks for her, the lady checks the cabinets looking and pointing out what missing. She hears the officer say through his radio "We have a runaway." She speeds up the stairs as her eyes are glassed with tears.

Pulling out her cell phone, checking dial tones making sure it is still working, she calls Hope her best friend......there is no answer Alisha stumbles on her words "Hes gone.....I think I might go with him, Hope, I need you." Alisha looks over at the security guard of the building coming up the stairs, she knows she can't get caught she had a dime bag in her backpack. She jumps on the fire escape stairs, running like she is running for her freedom, her life, and her destiny. At the end of the stairway, She sees Hope with worry plastered on her face.

"Are you OK?" Hope stammered. "I'm fine but we got to get out of here, the security is on my tail." "What did you do?" Hope says while she was running with Alisha. Hope whistled for a cab like a pro. She shoves Alisha into the backseat then placing herself in the passenger seat. "6235 Sulfoke Drive on 35th," Hope said to the driver. Alisha looks over out the window of the cab thinking of her dad, "Why did it have to be him? Why couldn't it be someone I didn't care about? Didn't he think before he decided he couldn't live anymore?" Hope rubbed Alisha's back trying to consul her, "Maybe it is for the best, did you look for a suicide note?" "Yea, but I couldn't find it, all I found was a box and I looked for the key everywhere."She pulls the Keepsake box out of her bag showing ,Hope, the keyhole.""I think at home I have a screwdriver that can fit the hinges. And we can just take it apart that way." The cab driver came to a sudden halt causing Alisha to bounce forward, "We have arrived at your destination, now get out my cab! But give me my money first $42.67" Hope grabs her purse, grabbing her pink cashmere wallet pulling a rumbled 50$ bill out hand it to him, "Keep the change" "Come on, Alisha, We have to get you in the house before......," Hope looked around, only to see Alisha already in her room through the window.