Chapter 3

Hope's dad walked upstairs noticing Hope watching television in the living room. He walks by her room, surveying the familiar place where his little girl has grown up so fast. He looks back over the bed, realizing someone was in her bed and with that lit the match of her father's temper. "Hope!, wake this hoodrat up." "Its just Alisha!", she tries to explain running up the stairs. She looks over to see her dad rampaging through Alisha's stuff, picking up the drugs, "See this is why, I don't want her in our house, she's a bad influence on you." He gets out his phone, dialing the police station to report Alisha. "Dad WAIT!! she has no one and I'm her only friend." He's not phased by his daughter's pleading. "Well now she'll have a nice safe jail cell, it's where people like her belong." Alisha wakes up at the scene, rubbing sleep away from her eyes. "Why do you have my backpack?!?!" "Give it to me", she launches off the bed reaching for her bag, trying to loosen Hope's father's grip on it. He pushes Alisha to the floor causing Hope's lamp to fall and shatter it pieces like Alisha life just shattering apart. "you'll get this when the police is here.", Suddenly a loud knock is at the door. Elaine, Hope's mother answers the door, instantly they run past her and straight into Hope's room. The two police officers around Alisha giving her nowhere to run. Hope's father Hands the bag to the officer. Alicia sighs at the site she's put into handcuffs and is hauled off to jail. Her court date was set for next day.