Chapter 1

I got off the plane and looked around nervously. I was new to this country. To the people and I honestly didn't know what to expect. Granny had told me that there would be someone to pick me up. So I looked around for my name and I didn't see it. Maybe they had forgotten. I tried to ignore the stares that were being thrown my way with little success. I knew why they were looking at me. They couldn't believe that someone this huge existed. It made me really uncomfortable, which is why I wanted to leave this place as soon as possible. Almost everyone had left with their friends or family and just a few people remained.

I was about to go into panic mode when a petite woman walked in. She stood on top of a chair, held up a big sign with my name and practically yelled, " Hey guys! Who among you is Abrielle Stone!" I became momentarily speechless. Everyone looked around, some with amused faces, others with what- the-hell expressions on their faces. I had drawn too much attention already. I didn't need this. Couldn't she just look around like everyone else? It was still very quiet, and I realized that they were still waiting for me to speak up. So I did. Immediately, the lady came down and rushed towards me enveloping me in a hug.

"Am so sorry we're late," She said.
"We?" I asked, shocked. Then I looked behind her and saw an equally petite but older woman and a little girl.

"Yes. This is my mother," she said touching her shoulder, " and my 4-year-old daughter Kimberley. My name is Lucy."

Kimberley stepped from beside her mother and came towards me.

"Hi." She said with a little voice.

"Hello Kimberley," I said smiling. She was so adorable.

"You can call me Kim. And am almost five. My birthday's next week. "

"Kim..." Her mother said.

" Okay guys," said the older woman stepping closer, " My name is Karen. Your...."

"You are Karen?" I asked, sounding incredulous even to myself. Grandma had told me all about her, all the time. I was so pleased to meet her and I let her know that.

"The pleasure is all mine Mrs..."

"Mbuni. But you can call me Karen. Please."

"Okay," I said

"Now let's take you home. Again, we apologize for being late. You see, the traffic in this country is a nightmare."

"It's okay. I understand." Both Karen and Lucy smiled. They helped me with my luggage and we exited the waiting bay. We then got into a beautiful silver car and started what I would soon find out was a long journey to the place that would become my home for a long time. The trio chattered happily the entire time as I listened. They were nice people. Normally it took me some time to decide that on people but this time was really easy.

I remembered what led to me being here at this moment and frowned. That was not important right now. I pushed the dark thoughts behind me and smiled.

This, this was my new beginning. And it was gonna be great.