Chapter 5

Two weeks after speaking with Lucy about Chelsea, I decided to ask her father to come to school because there was no improvement. May be she was different at home. May be there's something that we were overlooking that a parent could see, hence the decision to ask the father to see me. I had never been a teacher before so I did not know the best way to approach such a conversation with a parent. I had to ask Lucy.

"Lu?"

"Oh my God! What is it?" She said making me laugh. Lucy was the most dramatic person I'd ever known.

"Come on, Lu. Why do you have to be so dramatic all the time?" I asked half laughing.

" You said my name in your I'm- dead- serious tone. Then I reacted. And I'm being dramatic? Really Abrielle?"

I was staring at her and I could see how serious she was. Then she stared back at me and after few seconds we burst out laughing.

Moments later, with tears in her eyes, Lucy spoke.

" Okay. Maybe I overreacted just a little bit."

" You know, this happens every time I try to have a serious conversation with you." I said, feigning disappointment.

" I know. Sorry. But Lord knows I needed that. What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

I told her about Chelsea and that she wasn't showing any much improvement despite me giving her extra attention in class.

"So I asked the Secretary to ask her dad to come to school today. I'm gonna be....."

" You what?!"

I heard Lucy ask in surprise.

" Oh my God. Is it against the rules or something? I asked him to come to school."

" No. It's not. That's actually a very good step you took... But you did what?" She asked again.

" Okay. What is it Lu? If it's not against the rules then what the hell is the problem?" I was growing quite impatient now.

" The problem, dear best friend, is that you asked Chelsea's dad, to come to school." She said.

"Yes. And....?" I wasn't getting her.

" You asked Maxwell- Freaking- Baraka to come to the school!"

She was getting louder now but I still wasn't getting the point.

"Lu...?"

" Abrielle!" She was now yelling. "You asked the Accidentally in Love star to the school!"

" What?"
I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

" Yes dear. You asked your long time crush to come to school."

I froze. What? It wasn't possible. Max was a Hollywood star. He couldn't be Chelsea's dad.

" Lu, I think you're mistaken. My crush is a Hollywood star. He's not in Kenya. That's impossible." I said trying to convince myself.

" No, it isn't. He came back to Kenya about a month ago. It was all over the media. How do you not know about this. You basically stalk him on social media."

Because about a month ago I was thinking about how to end my miserable life. I was so preoccupied by those awful thoughts that nothing else mattered. I closed myself of from the rest of the world, which is how I must have missed that information. I knew everything about Max. I made it my business to know every tiny detail about him. It wasn't easy because he was a very private person and he had a reputation for that, but I tried. Meaning I knew more about him than most people did. Still, I was disappointed to learn that I didn't quite know as much as I thought I did, since I had just found out that he had a family. Even I didn't know that. It made me feel quite......unsettled, and I had to quickly remind myself that it was just a crush. My grandma always thought that it was love while some friends thought I was infatuated but I knew it was only a very very tiny crush.

Or was it?

"Abrielle." Lucy's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah..?"

" You do realize that you're going to be living your dream in a few hours, right?"

"Lu...."

" Right?" She insisted.

" I don't know Lu. It doesn't seem possible that Max is in Kenya."

"Well, that's the truth. And we're gonna make the best out of this." Lu said excitedly.

" What? How?"

" By making an amazing first impression." She replied.

" How?" I asked again.

" We're going to make you look irresistible. And can you, please, stop asking questions?"

" Lu, Max would never take a second look at me. Have you seen that man? He's a god!"

" Girl, what are talking about? Get your ass up and follow me to my room. By the time i'm done with you, you're going to look like Beyonce, Paula Patton and Oprah all rolled in to one." She was now faking an African- American accent which made me laugh even harder.

"You're crazy Lu," I said suddenly feeling very confident about myself.

" Yeah, and you're my best friend. What does that say about you?" She said and hurried to her room and I threw a slipper at her. Then I followed her.

Hey guys. I apologize for the delayed update, but you all know that I updated 4 chapters in less than two weeks. I had to take a break and get more perspective.

Also, let me know what you think about this new chapter, and the story in general. Your thoughts mean a lot to me.

I'll be updating the next chapter this week. Yaaay!! 2 chapters in a week, coz I know you guys would like that. And also because, I'm amazing like that.

Please click on the tiny star at the bottom of the page to like. Don't also forget to comment.

Love you guys.
Riungu.