Chapter 5

Unedited. Remember to vote and comment a chapter or two of your liking.

Unknown's POV

Leaning on the railings of the balcony once again, I watched the souls work around the Netherworld.

The sky was dark as usual, showing no signs of light and hope for the damned. Down here, souls were equally distributed according to the scores they had achieved during the test of the seven sins. Those with the highest scores are led underground where they were tortured for the rest of eternity. As for those with lower scores, they were given lighter sentences.

Smirking, I listened to the screams of the condemned in a distance as they were being penalized.

Against my consent, my eyes gazed back at the portal on my left just as I have been for the entire time it had closed.

I tightened my grip on the concrete railings as I struggled not to jump over the balcony and approach it.

My sensitive ears suddenly picked on a soft knock on the door, giving me the distraction I needed.

With my vampire speed, I ran to my desk and sat down looking at a book about humans.

"Come in." I said as my eyes lingered a picture of America's
new president.

The door opened as a soul servant walked in, his pale skin glowing in the darkness.

I watched him as he bowed his head at me, his eyes not daring to meet mine as they stayed on the floor.

"What is it?" I asked, turning a page of the book I was reading.

He lowered his head lower when he heard my deep voice rumble with power.

"Commander Adramalec has arrived and has requested for an audience with you, my p-prince." He said, his voice shaking in the end as I nodded at his bowed head, knowing he sensed the action.

"Excellent. Bring him in." I dismissed him as I returned to my reading.

As soon as the door closed behind him, it was pushed open again with a loud bang.

I closed my eyes for a moment at the irritating sound. Calming down, I opened them and continued to read.

I sensed Adramalec sit down on the sofa as I turned a page. Hearing a throat clear, I finally looked up to meet his gaze.

His light brown hair was finally cropped short, rather than the long hair he braided at his back. His bright green eyes looked at my icy blue ones before glancing at the book I was reading.

"Are you studying, Drake? You're far too old for that." He shook his head at me like I was a child that needed scolding.

My eyes flashed red before they returned to their icy blue ones.

I turned a page as I looked back at the book. "There are always things to learn and improve even if you are too old for them."

He scoffed. "Did you just become a gentleman at the two weeks of my absence?"

I flashed him a small twitch of a smile. "If you weren't my friend, I'd have your head by the way your talking to me."