chapter twenty

"She's looking great, and you too, Louis," The Doctor told Louis, and Louis smiled, looking at Liam. "Would you two like a updated sonogram?"

"Please," Louis said, and the doctor nodded, and pressed a button on the keypad.

"I'll be right back," the doctor said before leaving the two in the room by themselves. They haven't been a room by themselves in a while, and Zayn was always with them. Zayn and Louis had met each other when they were kids, and they were catching up whenever they met up.

It was common knowledge that Louis still had feelings for Liam. And Liam couldn't just drop Louis like leftovers. Louis is carrying his child. Louis's stomach had showed more and more everyday as he grew closer to the due date, which wasn't for another five and a half months.

"I've been thinking of names," Liam said breaking the silence after the doctor left them.

"I've been thinking of this joint custody thing–"

"We talked about this, Louis," Liam sighed. "She's going to have both parents, in her life."

"You've talked about it, I agreed to it, but I have my mind set–"

"Here are your sonograms," the doctor handed the pictures to the both of them. Liam thanked him, and left the room, not wanting to fight against Louis's idea for custody.

It was minutes later when Louis was sat in the passenger seat of Liam's car, and Liam was driving.

"I want her to have the best life," Louis broke the silence.

"Having both of her father's will make her have the best life," Liam told Louis. "What has gotten into you?"

"Reality. I'm still so young, and you and Zayn are at the age of being parents, and I know you two will be the perfect parents for her. It's her best chance, and I don't want to take it away from her."

"I just want you in her life–"

"I can be, but I can't raise her. I don't think I could." Louis whispered the end, and just stared out the window, looking at the cars passing by.

"We'll talk about this later, there's six months until she's here, we don't need to worry about it now," Liam said as he parked in front of Louis's apartment complex.

"Yeah, but my mind is set on giving you full custody, nothing can change that–"

"We'll see about that," Liam said before Louis shut the door. Louis sighed, before walking into the building. He though he could change Liam's mind. It dawned on him that what will happen when he gets invited places, and Liam and Zayn happen to be there, everyone will know that Liam cheated on Zayn, and Zayn doesn't want anyone to know that his husband was unfaithful. Giving Liam full custody, and letting Zayn adopt her, will save Liam's name.

--

Liam walked into his house, and just sighed when he walked past the threshold.

"Lee, you're home?" Zayn called from den. Liam realized it was a half day of work for Zayn. Friday's were half days for seniors, and Zayn taught seniors after lunch, so he got to go home early. "How's Louis?"

"He's great, but can we not talk about it right now," Liam said, sitting on the couch grabbing the control for the tv, and turned on some random tv show.

"How's baby?" Zayn asked, trying to make Liam talk. Zayn scooted closer to Liam, and raised his eyebrow. Liam grabbed the picture from his pocket, and handed it to Zayn. "Are you okay?" Liam nodded. "You don't have to keep anything away from me, Lee. Please don't keep anymore secrets away from me."