Ironies

I cannot seem to list the casts in the certain section so I'd leave it here instead:

Bamboo as Jacob Apollo Kaywayan

Sarah G. as Rosslyn Aster Tuamino

Rica Peralejo as Katelyn Tuamino

Hers

She woke up from the sound of a soap opera's tv commercial. It was an automatic reaction, instinctively, as its theme song started playing, her eyes would open themselves fully recharged. Then, as if routinized, her tummy grumbled as soon as the faint smell of beef tapa and fried rice tickled her nostrils. The fresh start of a new day lifted the ends of her lips and she uttered a meaningful thank you for God who did not forget to wake her up.

She knew, as she always declare everyday, it would be a special one.

"Good morning ate kong maganda." It was a warm morning, but she indeed makes the day better with her bubbly disposition. Her ate Katelyn, who's face is always in their serious 'busangot' state, curled a soft smile, her usually slightly furrowed eyebrows were raised in a teasing form. She had just finish the orange juice she's preparing when she turned and pinched her little sister's cheek.

"Nako, ikaw talaga Wayin, kaya siguro lumobo yang pisngi mo eh, punong puno ng pangbobola"

Wayin, who would rather be called by her real name Rosslyn, blushed furiously, giggling from the embarrassing endearment she grew up being called as. "Ito namang si ate," She helped set the plates, which were breaming with their breakfast, upon the small wooden dining table, "syempre dahil po ito sa pagmamahal at masasarap niyong luto nina mommy!"

"If I know, gusto mo lang uwian kita ulit ng cake galing sa bakery eh"

"Ate promise ko sayo, one day mababawi rin natin yung bahay ni lolo at magkakaroon na rin tayo ng sarili nating restaurant, diba bongga yon?"

"Ayan ha, kaya pagbutihin mo yang pag aarchitecture mo. Ikaw mag dedesign ng restaurant natin at syempre ako naman eh magbabake para instant cafe na rin, oh diba? Kaya natin yon, tayo pa, mga Tuamino kaya tayo"

She giggled with a little hint of covered hesitance. In truth, she was entirely nervous with her capability (and the notion that she might not want to be an architect after all). In every single moment, though she was raised as a very optimistic person, she cannot help but to worry about her parents, more so with the state of her beloved grandfather.

From the earliest memory she'd had with him 'til now, he was still the nicest person she knows. He was full of empathy and wisdom, he let go of the people who he had help but received only their turned backs when he needed them. He did not break or spat accusations even when his own greedy brother in law took the home he've been living in for his entire life. And what was even more infuriating was his reason for owning it; It was just to have it make shifted as an extension of his office- which later looked like a storage house for the infrequency of said brother in law's visitations.

Yet, still, they wouldn't rest until they'll get to have the house back. They grew up seeing the underlying sadness in their grandfather's eyes and the tiring persistency of their parents, it was only fair if they'll give back what they have sacrificed for them.

She and her sister closed their eyes and both have whispered a prayer, one that was coined deeply in their hearts. They asked for a stronger faith and trust that all would be well in the end.

By the time they were both finished with their prayers, in an instant, the sound of metals clucking to ceramic plates filled the make shift living room and kitchen area. Though it was silent, she relinquished in the comfort she and her sister share.