The Universe Conspired

Hello! Sorry po sa napakatagal na update. To be honest, I kind of intended to place it "on the shelf" so to speak, kasi medyo po naging busy hangga't sa nagka writer's block na. However, dahil may The Voice ulit, lalo na yung saranggola and did we just hit the jackpot or what, nanumbalik yung dating feels and so I pulled this out from the shelf and decided to will myself to write :)

Bamboo as Jacob Apollo Kaywayan

Sarah G. as Rosslyn Aster Tuamino

Rica Peralejo as Katelyn Tuamino

//////////////////////

Him

Because of the busy tidings of everyday life in the city, night still looks, feels as though day; body clock constantly damned. Life is restless and the dark blue hue stretched across the skies seemed bleak against the green, reds and reflecting silvers of corporate attires and clicking heels. People walk to and fro wherever you look, tired eyes scanning as though perpetually chasing time.

He's no stranger to such life, the concept of sleep is erratic of that it does not mind the light elicited from nature at all. When time permits rest, he latches onto it like water, heck even air. Everybody's chasing time somehow. It seemed that all throughout life, one is constantly trying to outrun time.

But at that moment, as the crescent moon seemed fixed across the dark hue, with the lines of houses eliciting soft voices from different television networks, gentle glows of light peaking through their windows, the cool rare night breeze usually carrying the smell of engine, and the girl who's humming ever so softly on her own, her eyes warm, glancing at him with such gentle proddings, everything felt like a dream.

He was in a trance, lost in the middle where time cannot faze him.

"Roselyn, what is music for you?"

She seemed quite startled by his sudden question. They shared a peaceful silence for a while as they walked, meeting the other's glances when one thought the other was not looking. It was much easier on his part, as he sported a pair of dark tinted shades and his hoodie hides his lingering eyes well. Besides, he doesn't mind sharing the peace, he liked it even, though he'll undoubtedly like it even more if he gets to know her. She just radiates a soft glow that he couldn't help but bask in. There is something so youthful of her, as though a child idealistic to the future the world seemed to promise.

Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew they were right, that that girl who has the kindest of smiles, ushered the curious boy in him whom he thought he already lost to the world.

She clears her throat, straightening her back and poised her chin in a subtle yet confident angle, "I believe music is a form of salvation po. Everytime there's music, especially when I sing, I feel as if weight is being lifted, masks uncover, everything just gets a little bit better. Music became my escape, kapag feeling ko walang nakakaintindi sakin, kapag hindi ko na naiintindihan sarili ko. Cliche po pero, parang ano, I believe it's a gift that brings peace to the soul, yun po." She giggles self consciously as he lets her answer infiltrate his thoughts.

"Pwede na po ba?" she counterasks once she felt he won't respond.

"Pwede for what?"

"Miss Universe.. Ha! Joke lang po! Hehehe," and she joked good naturedly, having him quite startled as she, in the midst of chuckling, pushed him lightly on the elbow. He chuckled along with her, bringing his hand to wrap onto the surprised elbow subconsciously. He cannot understand why she can be so shy around him when clearly, she was the one who has the effect to make him entirely succumbed to her every move.