6

A week passed by, Taeyeon tried his best not to go to Tiffany’s house. Instead, he will always ask Tiffany to meet with him in a restaurant or meet at the park or worst, don’t meet for a day.

One time while they were having dinner at a VIP room, Tiffany speaks out.

“Tae?”

“Umm?” Taeyeon is busy munching on his dinner.

“I have a question.”

“Shoot!” Taeyeon looks to Tiffany and smiled then continued eating.

Tiffay slightly smiled. “I just noticed when Daddy came back…”

Taeyeon choked on his food. “Sorry…”

“Are you okay? Worried Tiffany.

“Yup, I’m fine. Just continue your question.” He says as he wipes his mouth.

“I mean when Daddy came back here, you never visited our home and you always ask me to meet you at a certain place. You’re not like this, Tae. Before, you would always drop by at home and pick me up and then afterwards, you’ll send me home. What’s happening? Are you afraid of my father?”

Taeyeon cleared his throat and explained. “It’s not like that; it’s just that I’m not really used with your father around at home. Also, how can I deal with someone who…” He stopped.

“Someone who, Tae?”

He remembered everything Mr. Hwang did to him and his father and tried his best to control his emotions. “I feel awkward talking to.”

“I told you before that Daddy is a very understanding man. Surely, if you’ll come by at our house again, he’ll try to make the gap between you closer.” She smiled and caress Taeyeon’s hand.

Taeyeon looks at their hands. Anger and pain starts to build up in his heart. “I think Jessica’s right. That wasn’t the right time to meet with your father.”

“I don’t think so, Tae. You know what, Daddy always asks questions about you and if I have met your father.”

“My father?” Taeyeon was surprised.

“Yup! Your father. Why? What’s wrong with that? I thought they’re business partners?”

“Well, yeah it’s just that…”

“Don’t worry, Tae. I’m sure Daddy just wants to meet Mr. Kim again. Also, he told me he’s going to visit him on one of these coming days.”

“I see.”

“Now? Will you send me home today and stay there for a while?”

Taeyeon slightly nodded. “Okay but just for a while, huh?”

Tiffany smiles and gives him a peck.

*------------------*

When they got home, Tiffany looked around to find Mr. Hwang but he’s not home.

“Oh? I think Daddy’s not here.”

“Really?” Taeyeon’s expression brightened and whispered, “Lucky…”

“Are you saying something, Tae?”

“Me?” He shook his head, “No, I’m not saying something. Well, not that we’re here, what are we going to do?”