5

“Are we really going to your Daddy’s house?” Tiffany asked again.

Taeyeon glanced at her for a mere second and looked back at the road. “Sigh. I wanted to but…”

“But what, Tae?”

He then parked the car on the service road and said, “I just can’t. I mean, just thinking about our past makes me so mad that if I’ll see him now, I think I can just punch him straight to his face.”

“Look at me, Tae.” Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and stroked his cheek. “I told you, he’s still your father and he’s the only family that you have. He may be different from your mom but he did his best to give you a good life and act as a father and a mother to you. You don’t have to be rude to him and again, you must learn how to forget and forgive. That’s the most important thing, Tae.”

He cupped Tiffany’s face and gave her a light kiss. “I’ll think about it on our way to his home.”

Tiffany smiled. “Cheer up, Tae. I’m always here for you but nothing will beat a father and son relationship.”

After 40 minutes of driving, Taeyeon noticed that Tiffany is already asleep. Her head keeps on falling sideways or front ways so Taeyeon decided to stop the car for a while to lean Tiffany’s seat. Taeyeon then returned back to his seat after and then looked at the sleeping girl.

He smiled with tears starting to build up in his eyes. “I’m sorry…that you have to meet with my father and keep it as a secret. He’s my father and I could have just introduced you to him formally but then I can’t. I told you that I hate him but the truth is I’ve already forgiven him for all the things that he said to me before yet I still don’t know how to face him. I just hope you’re right that we’ll be okay again.” Taeyeon reached for Tiffany’s cheeks and gave it a peck.

After hours of driving, they finally arrived at the place. Taeyeon stopped the car a few blocks away and is still thinking whether to go or not. He looked at Tiffany who is still sleeping like an angel and that gave him the courage to meet with his father.

The guards opened the gates to the house and everyone was surprised when they saw that it was Taeyeon.

“Oh?! Isn’t that Mr. Kim’s son? I wonder why is he here.” One of the guards said.

“Ya! Look! He’s not alone. Someone’s with him.” The other guard said.

Tiffany woke up and scratched her eyes. “Are we here already?”

“Yup! We’re here already. Better look good before we go inside, okay?” Taeyeon said in a happy tone.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and thinks that he’s in a good condition and is really ready to meet with his father again.

*------------------*