Iwaoi |These are the Lies

I don't love you, I don't need you.

I'm okay with us just being friends.

Oikawa and his best friend, Iwaizumi have been together for pretty much their whole life until Oikawa started avoided him because he fell in love with Iwaizumi but denied it, confusing Iwaizumi.

These are the lies I tell myself at night. These are the lies that are keeping me alive.

Oikawa lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling "I don't love him, I don't need him. I'm okay with just being friends," he told himself. He told himself this every night, he didn't want to believe it was true but Iwaizumi was the only thing he thought of when he wasn't think of crushing Tobio-chan or volleyball. He even started have dreams of him and Iwaizumi doing coupley things.

Life is so good, I'm doing so good.

Oikawa had already been overworking himself and stressing himself out over volleyball and defeating Shiratorizawa along with Karasuno, Iwaizumi noticed this. He understood about the volleyball part but there was clearly something else bugging him, just couldn't figure out what. "Oi Shittykawa!" Iwaizumi yelled from across the gym, the gym was empty and Oikawa was practicing alone. "Stop overworking yourself and go get changed so I can go home!" He ordered but Oikawa didn't seem to listen.

Iwaizumi walked over and gripped Oikawa's shirt collar "We're you listening?" Iwaizumi asked as he looked into Oikawa's eyes but noticed he was avoiding eye contact. He slowly let go of his shirt "What's wrong? Why won't you look me in the eye?" He asked.

Oikawa shook his head "It's nothing Iwa-chan," he defended and put the volleyballs away.

Iwaizumi sighed "It's clearly not nothing," he replied "And stop overworking yourself!" He hissed.

Oikawa groaned "Let me do one more serve," he replied and threw the ball up the air, although, Iwaizumi smacked him in the back of the head.

"Listen to me!" he grunted "Stop overworking yourself," he muttered in a softer tone, grabbing the collar of Oikawa's shirt to look him in the eyes, "You're going to hurt yourself," he added, worry shown in his eyes.

Oikawa looked to the side before slowly nodding "Fine," he muttered, Iwaizumi let go of his collar and Oikawa walked off to the locker room to change so they could go home. Iwaizumi waited, right outside the locker room door so Oikawa and him could walk him together like they usually do after practice. After Oikawa finished dressing, the two walked home together "So what's going on with you?" Iwaizumi asked out of nowhere, causing Oikawa to tense up.

"I-It's nothing," he managed to stutter out, turning his head away, he felt a bit ashamed of himself that he couldn't face him.

Iwaizumi sighed in agitation "There's clearly something wrong, and you can't blame it on volleyball," he glanced over at Oikawa, waiting for a response as they approached Oikawa's house. Oikawa tried to make a dash for the door but Iwaizumi caught him by the wrist before he could do so "Answer me!" Iwaizumi hissed.

These are the lies, These are the lies, These are the lies, These are the lies, These are the lies, These are the lies, These are the lies, These are the lies, These are the lies, These are the lies

All the lies Oikawa ever told himself about loving Iwaizumi came flooding back to him "The truth is I'm about to lose it, don't think I can do this if I'm not with you," Oikawa finally gave in, he couldn't help but let everything flood out.

Iwaizumi's eyes widened a bit, he realized Oikawa was confessing and smiled to himself but wouldn't let Oikawa see it. "You idiot," he muttered and cupped his cheeks before kissing him softly.

Little did they know Oikawa's parents were watching through the window, their mouths dropped open and their eyes widened.

•••

Sorry it took me so long to update, and sorry for the requests I've taken and not started. I'm trying my best, I just haven't been feeling in the mood to work on it plus I just got back from Vacation and my birthday is tomorrow >.< Anyway, enjoy and I'll try working on getting an update as soon as possible ~ Kei