Return.

Jeremiah 3:1 -2 "If a man divorced a woman and she marries someone else, he is not to take her back again for that would surely corrupt the land. But you have prostituted yourself with many lovers, says the Lord. Yet I am still calling you back to me. Look all around you. Is there anywhere in the entire land where you have not been defiled by your adulteries?"

Defiled: damage the purity/ appearance.
Adultery: voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person who and a person who is not their spouse.

In this chapter God is talking about how Israel refuses to turn back to Him despite all of their wrong doings and idol worshipping.

verse 6: During the reign of King Josiah, the Lord said to me, "Have you seen what fickle Israel does? Like a wife who commits adultery, Israel has worshipped other gods on every hill and under every green tree.."

Judah has watched Israel do these things and did the same despite what they saw God do to Israel. Judah has only pretended to be sorry. For this reason Israel is less guilty in the eyes of the Lord. (verses 7-11) "I thought that after she (Israel) had done all this she would return to me.But she didn't come back and though her faithless sister Judah saw this she paid no attention. She saw that I had divorced faithless Israel and sent her away. But now Judah , too, has left me and given herself to prostitution. Israel treated it all so lightly she thought nothing of committing adultery by worshipping idols made of wood and stone. So now the land has been greatly defiled. But in spite of all this, her faithless sister Judah has never sincerely returned to me. She has only pretended to be sorry," says the Lord. Then the Lord said to me, "Even faithless Israel is less guilty than treacherous Judah!"
God asked Israel to sincerely turn away from their sins and wicked ways (prositution to idols, rebellion, adultery to idols) and He would forgive them.