Dads and Doughnuts

Erin's POV

We allowed ourselves to sleep in a little bit this morning, then Sam took off to investigate the office building - seeing if there were any signs of Arthur Young's ghost, and what exactly he had done.

Dean was at the small table by the window, on Sam's laptop with an ancient newspaper beside him, making the occasional humming noise; and I was on the bed cleaning our guns, trying to figure out how to tell Dean the news.

I had finished meticulously cleaning all three of our hand guns before I finally let out a gust of breath and set Dean's pearl handled pistol beside me on the bed.
"Dean, can I talk to you?" I asked.

He looked over at me and frowned slightly, and started to say something just as Sam walked in the door.

"Can it wait?" He asked, and I could tell he would listen now if I really needed.

"Yeah, that's fine." I nodded and picked up Dean's pistol again, only half listening to what the boys were talking about.

"Apparently this Arthur was charged with multiple counts of murder, before the hotel was sold and demolished." Dean started, glancing back at me before continuing. "He killed about 7 people in the hotel, and the owners found out, called the police, and tried to have him arrested. He ended up taking off and hiding out while they sold the hotel and the demolition started. That's when he came back and the whole thing about him attacking the work crew was correct, and he ended up killing three more people, bringing the grand total up to 10. The town covered up the first murders because they didn't want to drive people away, that's why the first story was in the papers." He finished.

"Wow. Screwed up guy." Sam said, shaking his head. "So is he buried in the cemetery?"

"Yep, we were in the right spot." Dean assured.

"So, we head out tonight?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, and gank the son of a bitch already. I could've gone without getting my shoulder dislocated by that other ghost." Dean griped, taking a last swallow of his beer before standing up and stretching his back.

I huffied, having finally lost my patience. "Dean, can I please talk to you outside?"

His head snapped towards me, eyes narrowing at my tone.

"No need," Sam interrupted. "I need to fill up the Impala, we should take off right when we burn the corpse; we've already done it once." He said, grabbing the keys off the table where he had thrown them earlier.

Once the door was shut, Dean came and sat next to me on the bed.
"What's wrong?" He asked me, head tilted slightly, searching my face.

"Well, I don't know if you would exactly classify it as wrong..." I start, playing with my fingers.

"Just spit it out, Erin." He said gruffly, now realizing there definitely was something happening since I was beating around the bush.

I couldn't say the words, so I just took his left hand and placed it on my stomach; realizing he had moved his hammered silver ring onto his wedding finger. My eyes locked with his, searching for some sort of emotion.

His eyes widened, then looked down at his hand, which he pressed slightly more against the taut muscles.

"Are you serious?" He asked, looking up at me now.

I couldn't help it and rolled my eyes. "I wouldn't kid about something like this, Dean." Then snorted at my choice of words. Dean didn't seem to notice, he was back to staring at my stomach.

"I took six pregnancy tests, Dean. They were all positive." I left off the part where Cas told me I was pregnant, figuring it would be better to tell him later.
I interlaced my fingers with his, still resting on my stomach.

He finally looked up at me and I bit my lip. "So I'm gonna be a..." He choked on the last word, his face paling.

"Yeah. You're gonna be a dad. And I'm gonna be a mom." I whispered. Then I chuckled. "Poor kid."

Dean shook his head. "You'll be an amazing mother, we all know that."

"And you'll be that dad who is so crazy overprotective, but teaches his kid everything there is to know about everything, making sure she won't get hurt." I assure.

"He." Dean corrected.

"She." I argue, grinning, and leaning closer to him.

Dean grinned now, leaning in so their noses were touching. "Let's hope it's not both." 

I made a face and sat up a little. "That would be way too stressful."

Just then, Sam practically burst in the door, almost tripping over his feet; a large white box balanced on his arm with a case of beer in his hand.
"What'd I miss?" He asked.

"Quite a bit, actually." I replied dryly. "You're going to be an uncle, Sammy."

His mouth dropped open as he dropped onto the bed opposite us; having deposited his stuff on the table.
"What? When did this happen?!" He exclaimed.

"Well..." Dean started, grinning.

"No, nope, don't need to know!" Sam practically shouted.

Dean and I laughed, and I leaned into him, squeezing his hand.

"So this probably means you two should get married." Sam raised an eyebrow.

"You know he gave me Mary's ring at Christmas, and I consider us to be together. I mean, it's just a piece of paper. It's the bond between two people that I think of when I hear the word 'marriage', not that piece of paper." I explained.

"That was deep." Dean said, leaning back so he could see my face.

I shrugged. "That's how I feel about it. Always have."

Sam nodded, understanding. "Well I think a congratulations is in order!" He got up and walked over to the table where the beers were still sitting.

"Well, I'd love a beer, but I can't, so what do you suggest?" I asked dryly, making Dean chuckle.

"Doughnuts." He said, handing me the large white box he had brought in earlier. 

"Oh my god you're my new favorite person." I laughed, already opening the box and grabbing a maple bar.

"Hey!" Dean exclaimed, reaching into the box himself and getting a chocolate glazed.

"Okay, second favorite person." I corrected, smiling at Dean.

Pull back, fade to black, aaaaaand cut!! I kind of changed that first preface thing at the beginning of the book, to fit the story it's developed into, and just because I didn't like exactly how I had everything in the very first part of the book I wrote. So! I think maybe one more chapter, then the epilogue... We'll see! I know exactly what I'm doing for the epilogue and honestly I'm getting impatient with myself because I can't finish this damn book fast enough!! Also, I've noticed for the most part that the majority of my chapters are around a thousand words, give or take a hundred. Interesting how I've fallen into a pattern again :) Oh, I've also noticed I haven't done any Sam or Dean POVs and I'm sorry, but I just am in Erin's headspace rn and I want this ending to be the best it can be. Maybe I'll try to fit some Dean in the next chapter. 

We're almost finished guys! Thanks for sticking with me this long.    Mackenzie

Oh yeah and it's not edited. I'm sure you've figured that out by now.