The Denver Ballet

Dean's POV

 I was woken up by someone slapping my arm with something, and a familiar voice hissing at me.

  I turned my head to the side, and opened my eyes to slits, to see Sam standing above me, looking pissed.

 "Go away Sam, I'm sleeping." I grumbled, turning my head and scooting closer to Erin, resting my chin above her head.

 Wait. Erin? 

I opened my eyes and looked down slightly, probably making a ridiculous face.

 "Just realizing you snuggled with your wannabe girlfriend?" Sam sneered.

 I rolled over slightly, and almost fell off the bed, managing to stay on only by throwing my leg more onto the bed, jostling Erin enough for her to reach out and slap me.

 "See what you did?" I snapped, sitting up and rubbing my face.

 "What is it you want, Sam?" I asked tiredly.

 "We have a case, and it's pretty bad, I think."" He said, like he hadn't just woken me up.

 "Sam, this is the most sleep I've gotten in weeks. Why couldn't I have a few more hours?" I asked, looking up at him.

 Sam rolled his eyes. "We have a case, Dean. Two girls have already died, and I'd rather another one not."

 "Where is it?" I asked, standing up, hearing my back crack as I stretched.

Denver, Colorado, about six hours from here. First a girl's found strung up from the rafters, then, two days later, another girl, was found with her wrists slit in the bathroom, almost to the bone, but it wasn't a clean cut, it was like someone sawed at them."

"And why is this our kind of thing?" I asked, still annoyed.

  "Because, the girls were happy go lucky girls. All of their dance friends attest to that." Sam said matter-of-factly.

 All of a sudden Erin was upright in bed. "Dance friends? In Denver?" She asked, eyes wide.

 "Yeah, uh Lidya Holt, who was 17, and Natalie Alamay, who was 19. Why?" He asked.

"I know them." She mumbled, pushing off the blankets and pushing me over to get off the bed.

 "How?" I asked, confused as ever.

   "Christie, my cousin, she runs a dance studio in Denver, those were her two top dancers, have been for years." She said, digging frantically through her bag.

 "And?" I asked, still just as confused.

  "Her parents were killed by a vamp about four years ago, she called me while it was happening, and I came as soon as I could. I managed to kill both of them, but Christie saw it all. She's raised her little sister ever since." She said distractedly, looking through her phone.

 "So they know about monsters?" I asked.

 "Yes, Dean, they know about monsters. And ghosts and demons, and practically everything else. Well, Christie does. She just told Amy it was a psychopath. I've always told her  to call me if anything weird happened, I don't get why she isn't now."

 She put her phone to her ear, and tapped her fingers on her leg, a movement I've come to recognize that means she's nervous.

  "Christie! What's-- Okay, I kno-- Okay-- CHRISTIE!" She finally shouted, after getting interrupted half a dozen times.

  "Tell me what you think happened." She said, holding her ear between her phone and her shoulder, once again digging through her bag.

 "Damn, they got the two lead parts, why would they kill themselves?" She asked, picking up the pile of clothes she just made, and walking down the hallway.