Chapter 4

Lucas had to leave so I went to bed. The next day I woke up. I still felt as if I didn't belong. Like I would be better off with the survivalists. Maybe it was because I still feared Missy I don't know. all I knew is that I had to stay. I had to stay for my friends, my family, Lucas.. All I wanted to do was be with Lucas but it was Saturday and we didn't have school and I didn't really know if he was free or not. I looked at the mural outside my window. I decided I would paint Missy in. I got my paints and climbed the fire escape.

When I had finished I got a text from Lucas.

Lucas: Come to your front door I'm taking you somewhere.

I got dressed and shoved my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed a bag with some art supplies and went to my front door. I took some art supplies because I was hoping to paint something at some point today. "All right huckleberry, whatcha want?" I asked as he grabbed my hand and led me out of the apartment building. He ran over to a motorcycle and hopped on putting on his helmet. He reached his hand out handing me another helmet. "Since when did you have a motorcycle?" I asked taking the helmet from him. "My birthday, the one where you left me a card and didn't sign it." He answered patting the motorcycle for me to sit down. I smiled a little and remembered having Zena "borrow" some of Nicole's money just to buy Lucas a card.

I climbed onto the motocycle and put my arms around Lucas' torso. We drove along back roads. "Where are we going?!" I called out over the loud motorcycle engine. "Somewhere you need to go." He called back. We turned down an old abandoned dirt road leading into a forest. I didn't recognise the road. We drove down about a mile and then we stopped. Lucas took off his helmet and started walking into the forest. I followed behind him until a saw a stone building I recognised. It was where I almost died. From a certain angle it felt as if I was just looking at my mural outside my window.

There was still a faint bloodstain. The rain hadn't washed it away as the leaves over head had shaded it. I knelt down at the stain. "Did you bring your camera?" I ask without looking away. "Heads up!" Lucas called out after taking it out of his bag and throwing it to me. I put it up to my eye and snapped a photo of the leaves. I stood up and took a photo of the factory. It's weird but it felt good being back there. Especially with Lucas. I felt safe. I turned into the direction of the survivalists base and took a photo of those trees. I began walking towards the base.
I remembered my way. I remembered ever rock, every leaf.
---------------------------------------------------
So VERY VERY late update sorry. I've been grieving and I'm going through personal stuff so it might be a while before the next chapter SORRY 😬😬