Chapter 14

Hey guys, it's me. This chapter is really short, but it's the best I could do for now. I'll try to update again as soon as possible. Thank you for being so patient! The end may be something some of you may not wanna read. Just skip over it. I love you all! You're amazing.

   Riley's POV:

It's been two hours and Alex won't even look at me. I keep asking what's wrong, but he keeps lying and saying he's fine. I'm getting really worried. I freaked out earlier. Could that have reminded him or his mom or something?
"Alex?" I ask shyly. He mumbles a yes, not even bothering to look at me. "Please don't lie to me. Are you okay?" He takes a deep breath.
"No, Riley... I'm not..." He stares at the floor.
"Did I do something? Is it because of what happened with Selena?" I ask.
   "I'm tired. I wanna go to bed. Can I take a shower first?" He changes the subject faster than anyone I've ever conversed with.
   "Yeah... I'll go get it set up." I say, standing. I sigh and walk into the bathroom, grab a towel and turn the shower on. I make sure everything is there. When I walk out he has something in his hand with his clothes, but I can't tell what...

   Alex's POV:

I walk into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind me. I open my palm to expose my only true friend to my eyes... "It's been a while..." I step into the shower and do the one thing I've tried to quit doing since I made the promise to Lilly when she caught me doing it the last time. I hurt myself... And now I hate myself...