Chapter 19

Hi everyone, you'll understand the picture later, I'd like to give you all an idea what Amanda looks like...

Eleven months later

Alex:

I hate hospitals. It feels like I've spent my whole life in them. Why did this have to happen? I know this should be a happy occasion, but to me it's not. I wish it would've never happened...

Eight months before:

   "Riley, this isn't funny. Your family hates me. I'm gonna get kicked out." It's been three months since I cheated, and I've done more to make it up to Riley than I thought humanly possible. He finally came out to his family, and told them we were together. They didn't really care until they found out that I slept with Thomas. They hate me now. Alice told me if I ever needed to, I could stay at her house; it looks like I just may need to.
   "They don't hate you, and they won't kick you out." Riley keeps jumping on the bed.
   "Will you stop already?" I throw my empty water bottle at his head, but to no avail. He just keeps jumping.
    "What the fuck is your problem?" He knows I was mad at him, but yet he wouldn't stop.
    "You. How can you be so calm? All you ever do is jump around and act like everything is just fucking perfect, and it's not."
    "You fucking..." he gets cut off by his phone. "Shit. I'll be back."
He jumps off the bed and walks into the bathroom. "Hello?" He shuts the door behind him and I can't hear another word he says...

Riley:

"Hello?" I shut the bathroom door behind me. I don't wanna deal with Alex right now. He's being a dick.
"Riley, I need to talk to you. It's Amanda." See, about a month ago, Alex and I had gone to a party and got really drunk. He and I got into a really bad fight and broke up, so I slept with someone while I was there. It was this girl named Amanda, and right after Alex and I made up and got back together, so I didn't worry about it.
    "Oh. Hi. Is everything ok? We haven't really talked since..."
    "No. It's not ok. Riley, I'm scared." She cut me off. "I'm pregnant, and I don't know what to do."
     Memories of that night came flooding back, and that's when I realized. The condom broke.
    "Oh god. Fuck, no. That can't be right. It's not mine, right? Please tell me it's not mine. It can't be."
    "You're the only one I've slept with in six months. It's yours."
     The words, 'it's yours' keep echoing in my head over and over again. I, Riley Lynn Miller actually knocked someone up. This is too surreal. Is this actually happening?
"Riley? Please say something. I don't know what to do. Can we meet up to talk about this?" Her soft voice pulls me out of my thoughts. You can tell she's been crying.
"Ok, um... just try to calm down. Um, let's, let's try to take a deep breath. How about tonight? 6 o'clock? Heggy's?"
"Ok. I'll see you there..." she hangs up the phone instantly. Oh god. What the hell did I get myself into?