Chapter 4

Dedicated to Wynter_Antoinette

After five days of staying at uncle Greg's, i was already going insane. Penelope was the worst of all the sisters. She constantly ran through the house screaming about some boy and left a mess wherever she went. The other two i hardly ever ran into, Vanessa explained that they were both studying for their exams.
"Why isn't Penelope studying too?" I asked her.
She just shrugged and laughed awkwardly. Obviously Penelope wasn't one to care about her grades and she probably was hoping to marry rich.
Next term I was starting at their school which I was not looking forward to.
The school was one of those snobby brat filled ones so that meant mini Penelopes everywhere.
Luckily I still had a month and a half of freedom which I planned to spend as far away from my relatives as possible.

I had been out for ages riding Chester when I trudged through the front door, leaving my muddy boots in the hall. I wonder if Vanessa will complain about them? Probably not. She thinks I'm a depressed emo kid because of my upbringing and loosing my father.
Flopping on my bed next to Prince Pookie, I pulled my laptop out from under my pillow. Pookie looked miffed, obviously he had been searching for it to sleep on and hadn't the sense to look there.
When I lived in our old town, there were literally no young people. The youngest people there other than me were my parents. So I relied on my laptop to give me some connection to people my age. Even though I had quite a few people I spoke to, I didn't really have any close connection with them. Except for Thomas.
I had met Thomas on a forum 3 years ago and ever since then, we spoke every single day.
There's just two things we don't know about each other: Where we live and what we look like.
It sounds weird I know but that's just how we decided to do things and we never questioned it.
Opening my laptop, instantly Thomas's email thread popped up.

To: cry_baby_2000
From: thomas-the-tank101 

I killed the spider.
I KNOW you said not to but he was eyeballing me as I was brushing my teeth okay.
It was either the spider or it was me!
I don't think I can take my parents arguing anymore Anne.
I'm thinking of moving into the forest, where I will then live off the universe and slowly turn into a red Indian.

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, outrun my gun.

Please don't hate me because of the spider!!!

-T

Sent at 14:34

He killed Mr Spidey! How dare he?!
The spider had been terrorizing him for ages and up until now I had convinced him not to kill it.

To: thomas-the-tank101
From: cry_baby_2000

YOU KILLED HIM?!
I'm never going to forgive you Tommy!!!
Did you at least give him a decent funeral?
Are they still fighting? I'm sure it'll die down soon and they'll be back to making Teri miso together.
Are you going to wear one of those feather headdresses??
Penelope is such a spoiled princess.
Should I leave my muddy boots in her room?

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, faster than my bullet.

Rip Mr Spidey

-A

Sent at 16:13

Thomas made me forget about Penelope and this weird new house and everything that worried me.
I could survive this as long as I had Thomas.

Penelope started screaming about the muddy boots in the hall, saying something about she hated having that stinking animal in her house.

Maybe I was wrong, I don't think I'll be able to get through this even with Thomas.