Writers

Be wary of falling for a writer. No. Be wary of letting her fall for you. 

Trust me on this one. When a writer falls in love with you, she imagines you in description and gets frustrated when her mind lapses on the words to describe just how fluttery you make her feel. She materializes you in love letters and can depict your body like a landscape she hikes every afternoon. You have been warned. When she sees your eyes she thinks of more than just the ocean and the sky. Your cheekbones remind her of icebergs, and when you smile, she feels the word 'warmth' and sees golden rays. Your words will scatter her pages like unsung lyrics she doesn't mean to write. And let me tell you, she does not want to sculpt you into mere characters because you are so much more than that to her. 

But beware. If you hurt her, you will find her name on the covers of books, and when you read them, you'll find yourself on every page. You'll remember every single time you laughed with her because she's created a timeline, and when you reach the turning point, midway through, you'll realize how much she really loves you. You'll regret tossing every black and white word carelessly at her, and she will remember all too well.

She will use you as her inspiration and her books as therapy. While your heart aches with remorse, she will be free from your chains. Her words are her key, and you were the heartbreaking captor. 

Do not let a writer fall in love with you if you plan on breaking her heart, unless you can live on memorialized moments and regrets. Because she will write to heal, and you will read and bleed.

Credits: mymessyink on tumblr