The man

From previous chapters, Tracy the maid would always wander out for a midnight stroll going back and forth, nobody knew why but all we knew was that she went to meet a man.

One day as she snuck out unnoticed- or at least she thought. James was returning from the detached garage when he saw a ray of light moving in the rain, inside he was terribly frightened but since childhood, James and Samantha were always curious, since old habits die hard, he decided to find out what it was.

As he approached, he realized that is was a woman carrying a lantern moving towards the fence. Finally she stopped, James could tell from her skinny figure and height that it was Tracey, He kept asking himself questions, why was she there? Who was that she was with? And more. He tried his best to get closer, a rock just next to her was his cover, And to his surprise the man was someone close to him.

His long fingers, well built body, enormous height and very deep but familiar voice confirmed all his doubts, 

IT WAS ALAN, Samantha's husband.

He was in a state of shock and complete disturbance, he was pretty sure Alan was dead, yet there he was alive. The coffin was closed on the funeral day, it didn't seem to be a bother, but the truth was he was never in there. He had once had an affair with Tracy but it ended very soon, so what was he doing here?

He had to tell Samantha, but how, it had been 7 years since the funeral, how would she take it? How would Stacy take it? He had sat down to put piece by piece together, while doing this he broke a twig and he made a sound, he kept completely still hoping they had'nt noticed it, slowly he started rising when suddenly a hand grabbed his shoulder.