Chapter Thirty One

3 weeks later.

Madison Rogers.

I absolutely hate grocery stores. I hate the smell, the people, the air.

That's probably why I don't go very often. But I was in desperate need for food at my house because fast food wasn't doing good for me.

So I gave in and decided to buy a few things that would get me by for a couple weeks or so.

I was doing okay until I heard a teen voice ask, "Madison?"

Fearing that it was Jack, the last person I wanted to see, I didn't want to turn around.

But my heart was being stubborn and controlled my feet to turn and look at the person who asked my name.

My mind lit up but my heart dropped when in fact it wasn't Jack, but a blonde haired boy who I guessed was his friend instead.

"Uh, you are?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he shook his head and held his hand out. "I'm Sammy."

"Oh, hey.." I shook his hand and studied him.

"I'm a friend of Jack's, if you didn't know that." He chuckled.

"I figured. Did you need something?" I asked. I didn't want to sound rude, but I also didn't want to stay to talk about Jack.

"I was just going to ask if Jack left yet. We haven't talked in awhile."

"Left where?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Didn't you know?" He looked at me, confused.

"We haven't exactly talked in awhile either.." I told him.

"Oh, well, he got accepted to UCLA. His parents pulled some strings or something like that." He explained.

My heart dropped even further. He was leaving.

He called and stopped by a lot, but I could never bring myself to face him. He ripped my heart out of chest and I couldn't go through that again.

But he did, just by simply getting accepted to UCLA. I would never get a chance with him again when he's hours away.

"Are you okay?" Sammy reached out to grab me when my knees turned to jello.

I leaned into him, even though I just met him not even 10 minutes before, and started crying.

"He's such a dick." I sobbed.

Sammy didn't seem to really know what to do so he hesitantly started rubbing my back.

"Hey, why don't we go outside and talk? People are starting to look." He suggested while looking around.

I shook my head and stood back up on my own. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what got into me. I should really go now."

I wiped my nose and quickly pushed my cart in the other direction.

"No, wait." Sam grabbed my arm once he caught up with me.

"I didn't mean to embarrass you. Just please leave me alone." I sighed and pulled my arm away.