Chapter One - Reflect and Repeat

Hello, my name's Abigail. I never expected my life to turn out the way it was, but here it is, right in front of me and I can't seem to face it. The reality of it all taunts me, but I know better than that. At least, I thought I did.

Let me start from the beginning, growing up, I was a completely normal child with friends and I took pride in my appearance. I know that's not exactly the best thing to say about yourself, but at the time I felt like it was all I had going for me. In Elementary School kids would tease me for being too self confident, which, if you ask me, is the stupidest reason to be teased about. They would call me Abby&Abby, because it seemed like all I cared about
was myself, which is a total lie. I had plenty of close friends that I cared about, and of course, my family.

I was an only child so that made people assume I was even more self consumed that I was. And mind you I couldn't help it if I was an only child, all my parent's decision, not mine. Anyway, I loved my parents and often felt they were more reliable to lean on than my friends at some times. My parents never really heard about me being picked on though, partially because I didn't like to talk about it that much. And when I did talk about it, they always brushed the topic aside as if it wasn't what I was to be focused on.

My parents had decent jobs, but expected me to be more than that. It always felt like they had my life planned out for me, as if I didn't get a say. They told me at a young age that if I was going to Harvard like they had talked about, unbeknownst to me, that I was going to have to work hard and it was going to have to be my number one priority for a very long amount of time. Little did they know the challenges that I would come upon along the journey.

Author's Note: Hi guys so this is my rough draft of the first chapter. I would LOVE feedback on anything at all. Thank you guys so much and I love you. Also, if you know any ways I can get more readers or more feedback that would be wonderful. Thank you! Bye!