Chapter Two - In The Middle

The first part of middle school was completely different than Elementary School. In the 6th grade I started losing confidence in myself. There were so many beautiful girls, and I had nothing else to bring to the table. All but one of my friends turned on me, her name was Ruby. Ruby was always my closest friend in Elementary School, but now she was my only friend. Whenever I would try to make myself better than all the others so I would be thought of as the best or the prettiest, she would always say the same thing, "Abby, when they bring you down that doesn't mean you're not already up." It took me awhile to figure out what she meant, Ruby always had a way with words. But, when I understood her reasoning I started listening, and that's how I got through the first 2 years of middle school.

During 8th grade I felt like I was starting to see my true self again, but this time I wasn't as self centered. I was passing my classes, and all was well. Like I've mentioned before, I was a pretty normal child and the only harm done to me was done emotionally. Suddenly, everything I knew changed.

Author's Note: Sorry these chapters have been kind of short, but the long chapters are coming up. I would love y'all to comment with some feedback. Thank you! Bye!