Chapter 9 - What have you done?!?!

The day arrived.
They made team stuff before River leaved so they could spend more time as friends, now that River was leaving everyone felt as if someone was dying. Toffee arrived with Moon and Heinous, they arrived were everyone else was. River's parents were truly surprised to see a monster like Toffee with Moon, even the guards started to move menacingly at Toffee, Moon stopped them of course, but Toffee was used to this kind of treats.

River: Well guys, this IS a goodbye… I know I'm returning but…

*whispering*

River: That's not a place for a hunter like me, people say that everyone changes in there...

While saying this, everyone thought that River was exaggerating even for River it was too much. No one believed that there could be a change like River said. Even with those lies, everyone was sad for his friend.

River's father: Your stuff is ready, you can leave now. Do you want to say goodbye?

River: Yes, give me a second.

And he called Moon.
No Heinous.
No Pony Head.
Just Moon. Toffee felt bad, he could handle that River ignored him, but this was different. Toffee was surprised of everything he was thinking, yes he discovered his feelings for Moon a long time ago, and now this.
No one expected what happened next.
Not even Moon could've expected that.
It was a great kiss, and Moon was concerned but… happy. Everyone stared at them and no one tried to separate them. Not even River's parents nor the guards tried to stop that.
When they stopped, Toffee's face was full of surprise and he couldn't believe what just happened. Even when it happened some seconds ago.
River kissed Moon before going trough the portal.
Everyone saw it and now everyone knew that Moon felt something for River since she didn't stop him. Toffee felt even more terrible than any other day in his life. Actually he just did something. He only had the strength to do something.

Toffee: I have to… I'm… go-going to… I'm… bye…

He barely had time to turn around before the tears went trough his face, he walked trying to do it normally but when he was out of sight he started running.
He ran and he ran until he was far enough.
And he started to cry in the forest where no one could hear the moanings of that broken heart.

/////////////////////

Home.
Once again Toffee was in that empty piece of forest that made him feel safe but this time he was glad that no one was there to hear him.
He was furious, desperate, sad, he was thinking on telling Moon about his feelings after River's departure. And with that kiss River gave to Moon.
It had to be a terrible bad joke.

/////////////////////

Moon: This is not fine, he leaved… he's not like that..

Heinous: Come on girl, he was surprised, that's all, maybe monsters are not used to...

Moon: Heinous... he's not a monster, he's my friend...

Heinous: It's fine but, you told me he was…  “special”...

Moon: Well, since I met him I knew he was special… You know? If you're going to help, you need to know our past together.