Chapter 10 - Show me your past

What happened?
No one knew, not truly. Moon didn't knew why she allowed River to kiss her, she was terribly preoccupied for Toffee.
And Toffee on the other hand, was sat down in a log that sometimes was his table at that isolated part of the forest he called home.
He couldn't control those images in his mind, Moon kissing River. One, two, and countless times that picture crossed his mind. Despite from the fact that River kissed her, the most shocking thing that hurted deep in Toffee's mind was that Moon wasn't surprised. Toffee was suffering in silence, crying in the middle of a place where nobody could hear a lonely monster.

/////////////////////

Later, Toffee knew that he had to go out, that wasn't helping at all. He was going to lose his mind.
If that was still possible.
Now even the line between crazy and not-so-crazy was confuse.
Even being aware of what happened, he wanted to go with Moon or she could discover Toffee's feelings for her. But, how was he going to visit Moon without thinking in *that* thing?
Was this going to change their relationship? Everything was going to be as always?
But Toffee was decided, even if Moon loved River he still wanted to hang out with her sometimes.

/////////////////////

Heinous: So, that's why he looks at you *that* way...

Moon: He's special, since that day we're together, since that day we travel to any fun dimension and we have… we *had* adventures… *together*...

Then the sound of a dimensional portal crossed the atmosphere at Moon's bedroom.

Toffee: Moon, I'm not dead...

Moon: Toffee...

Toffee: *sigh* You told Heinous about when we met? What's the true value of a promise this days?

Heinous started to move her head affirmatively but she stopped, she was looking at her besties arguing like an old couple so she didn't want to mess the situation. Like. More.
She even felt guilty, since Moon told her a forbidden story about Toffee, so she stepped back.

Moon: Why are you here?

Toffee: Well.. I left without reason and… fine, I'm sorry Moon...

Moon slapped him in his right cheek, Heinous was the only one surprised because Toffee seemed to be waiting that.

Moon: You left hours ago! You just said you had “something to do”, but tell me, what's so important that you didn't even said goodbye? But of course, you show up like nothing happened and it's all fine, right? Well, think in another excuse.

Toffee: I told you, you promised it. Never, *ever* discuss that day. Never.

Moon: I know it, Toffee, you don't like to talk about that… but if it's time for asking, why did you came without telling me?

Toffee: I was thinking... when I saw you earlier, with River.... it was weird, like really really weirweird to see you… like *that*...

Moon: I know you hate River, he was a jerk with you but… you hate him like that? Or you hated to see *us*?

Toffee: It was weird, ok? Just let's let it that way… please...

Heinous was standing in front of them, watching that situation, they seemed to be ignoring her since the discussion started, she started thinking in Toffee's reasons, maybe he felt more than friendship.

Moon: Toffee, tell me what's the matter, you're not like this.

Toffee: Look, I'm sorry, right? That's what you wanted to hear? I was a jerk, a dumbass, an idiot, whatever you want to call me, and if you don't want to talk to me ever again… I'll understand...

Toffee turned around, ready for leaving and Moon saw the true sorrow of her friend, he was sorry for what he did. Really sorry. Watching her friend like that started something inside the loved future queen of Mewni, she stopped him by grabbing his hand before he could take the dimensional scissors.

Moon: ¿T-Toffee?... If you want, Heinous and I were going to hang out… if you don't have anything more important to do…

Heinous knew that those were imaginary plans, she even understood that she had to leave them alone. She chose her friends, she was going to be like a third-wheel and she wanted to see them togheter again.

Heinous: You know, sweetie? You can keep Moon all night, my mom's going to be really mad if I arrive late. Again.

Then she grabbed her scissors and in one second just a peculiar couple remained in the room. They kept staring at each other eyes, without words in their mouths.
It was so lovely. And then Moon opened a portal to a new dimension, a totally new one for Toffee. It was like a great forest but there was only blue and purple instead of green, there were strange creatures, yellow waterfalls and giant butterflies.

Moon: Welcome to the Medusa Kaskades

Moon held out Toffee a hand, they were at the too of a cliff with a splendid view of the whole forest. She was so beautiful in there.

Tofffee: So...

Moon: What?

Toffee: What did you tell to Heinous? What did she knows?

Moon: Everything of course, she's our friend, you have to start trusting people… it was a great history class… I remember it as if it was yesterday...