The first and second night

I nod my head once more, we were both silent.
"Anymore questions you want to ask, Curt?"
"Well, can you describe what Lou looks like and possibly how he acts in more detail, because you must know who he is by now"
"Again, he's pale, has green hair with black tips, he wears eyeshadow always. He normally wears a skeleton bandana around his mouth, sometimes he goes without it. He wears a black singlet with blue grey shorts. When he came in he looked like a different person, with a hoodie and pants, tries to hide his identify, you know, he's not very good at it. But how he acts? No one knows! Not even himself"
"Well, it was nice meeting you, Jack"
I say, getting up and walking out. It was deep into the afternoon when I start walking back, after taking a view from the beech. The breeze grew colder as I made my way into the hotel. Sneaking past the receptionist, I walk up with an extra set of keys Jake left me. I make my way into the room, Sophie wasn't home, but Jake was.
"Where were you?!" He exclaimed in a nervous tone.
"Just taking a walk around" I lie, Jake can't know I was around Jack.
"Never be out past 8pm, especially if you're new"
"Why? I mean, Arsoncliff in a view is actually sort of peaceful"
"He can smell your presence" the way he said it sounded like a warning.
I shook my head and took his advice.
"Are you staying here tonight?"
"Have too, look at the time" we both look to the clock, 9:21pm.
"I could get caught by him, then that's the last of me"
"I see" I say, as I slump onto the couch.
"I'll be up early, working early tomorrow, got a few appointments booked in, gotta earn some cash you know." He chuckles, falling into a fold out bed.
"Jake"
"Yeah, Curtis?"
"Can I come to your work tomorrow to take some notes?"
He thought for a while, then spoke out.
"Sure, if you can stand the smell"
Was the last thing I heard him say, before a snoring sound awoken after he fell asleep.

"Curt?" I heard a familiar voice say, and shoving to my shoulder. I sit up and turn, it was Jake.
"Seems like you're ready, let's go"
I flip off the blanket, I slept in my work clothes.
We walk out the hotel and walk to the hospital.
"Hurry, Curt, I can't be late"
The hospital was a moderate size, it was multiple stories high, with rusted windows. Inside was a different story, but Jake told the truth.
I pulled my shirt over my nose and tried hard not to breath. The smell was almost petrifying.
"You'll get used to it, but in the mean time, take this." He hands me a nose plug, I take it and plug it over my nose, but the smell only got better by a bit.
I follow him to his office, there was a patient waiting quietly reading a magazine.
"Oh, Ben Rectic, you're back here?"
"The surgery was due today, Jake, I've been waiting for my eyes" he looks up, his eyes white as snow, not that he could see what colour snow was anyway.
"Right away, Ben, follow me" he took him to a small room with a table with straps on it. Ben laid on the table as he was strapped onto it.
"Let's hope you know what you're doing, Jake" I say out of nervousness.
"Trust me, I do" he says, beginning to work on Ben.
I look around the room, blood, mold, mud, I don't know how anyone could work here. The sound of bens screams interrupted my thinking, as he struggled to get loose of the straps.

His shift ends, it's 7:00 and all patients leave.
"Did one of my longer shifts today, c'mon, we better leave" we both walk out the hospital and head home.
"Are you going to Jacks?"
"Yeah, he's gonna leave work soon and wants to see me there"
I nod my head, as we continue walking.
I wave him a goodbye as I walk into the hotel, and once again, sneak through the receptionist.
I walk in, Sophie was in bed, awake and reading.
"Out with Jake today?"
"Yeah, how did you-"
"Jakes shift ended 5 minutes ago, it takes 5 minutes to walk back, it's sorta obvious"
I nod, falling onto the couch. I tuck in, but kept awake, for so long that Sophie fell asleep. I sneak off of the couch, and take a peek out the window, hoping id catch a glimpse of whatever Jake was talking about.
A shadow rushes across the street sending an adrenaline rush down my body.
I sneak outside the hotel and stand outside. Waiting for the figure to return. But to my surprise, the figure was around the corner, waiting.