Chapter 3

The second year started off slow. I had probably the worst defence against the darks teacher. He did teach me one thing though and that's how not to be a total snob. All I have to do is become the exact opposite to him. I tried to avoid him as much as I could but that was really difficult. He was always there, it was really annoying.

"Don't worry about Lockhart Harry, he's a snob" Ron announced. I chuckled at the way he said it. "Anyway, you're nothing like that... If you were I wouldn't be friends with" Ron said.

"Thanks" I said with a grin. We walked into potions where Snape snarled at me because we were late.

"Potter, Weasley... Detention Saturday at 9 am" he stated. Ron rolled his eyes as we sat down.

"There goes my sleep in" Ron whispered to me. I tried to stop myself from laughing but I failed.

"Mr. Potter, I'm sure my class isn't that funny... 5 points taken from gryffindor" Snape stated. I looked over at Ron who gave me an apologetic look. As we started making potions Ron began to talk to me.

"I'm really sorry about that, didn't mean to get you in more trouble... Uh I asked Ginny how her first two weeks of school has been. She didn't seem too excited about it" Ron muttered. He began crushing some beetles when I knew perfectly well that they were to be sliced. I started slicing my beetles and put them in. Ron looked at me. "damn it, you should of told me before I put the crushed beetles in" Ron said stupidly. "It's going to be a bloody crap potion"

"You'll be fine.., and so will Ginny, she's only in her first year. It took Hermione a while to find us so maybe Ginny will take a while." I said. Hermione was sitting behind us, she was helping Lavender Brown with her potion.

"I heard my name" she said. Her hair was more bushier than usual, it was probably because of the potions. I explained to her that Ginny was finding it hard to find friends. "There's always Luna Lovegood, she is abit loony but she is nice. She's a Ravenclaw first year"

"Yeah good idea Hermione, we will get my sister to be friends with a loony"

"Shut up Ron" I said. "As long as Luna is a kind person, I think it would be fine"

*

"Hi Luna, I'm Harry Potter" I said to the skinny, blonde, Ravenclaw first year. She gave me a very warm smile.

"Hi, Harry, I've heard about you of course, what can I help you with?" She asked kindly. I returned her smile.

"Do you know Ginny Weasley?" I asked. I was doing this because Ron wouldn't.

"Yes" she said confused.

"She's finding it hard to find friends at the moment, I was wondering if you would be her friend" I asked. Luna smiled.

"Of course but I'm not doing it because you asked me to, I'm doing it because I could do with a friend to" she said positively. A smile appeared on her face as she skipped off.