Different

Copy Right 2013

I'm totally and utterly lost, I think to myself. My family is a bunch of crazy perfectionists. So first my parents both Harvard graduates, my older sister graduated from Yale, is married and has successfully published five very popular books. My brother goes to Harvard on a lacrosse scholarship, and is well everything my father could ever want him to be. My little sister is in 7th grade and is doing 11th grade math and me, I guess you could kind of say I'm the misfit.

"Girls!" my mother calls up the stairs "please come down for breakfast" My mom, is really not very interesting she's the biggest phony you will ever meet, and is also a goody goody. I pull my dirty blonde hair into a messy ponytail put on a pair of high waisted ripped jean shorts and a vintage tank.

Good morning mom, morning Margery I say to my younger sister. She looks like a little business woman all dressed in a blazer a formal black skirt and a pair of flats her chocolate brown hair pulled into a slick ponytail.

"Jeez Margery what's the occasion?" I joke. "Does there have to be an occasion for me to dress nice" she snaps back at me. My mother turns her head to me and asks "and what are you supposed to be wearing Jasmine?" Well you no this thing called clothes that what I'm wearing." "Don't you be fresh with me young lady! And I think you need to start dressing a little more your age!" "yes mom, I'm the one not dressed my age look at Margery she looks like she's going to freakin' court! And you should see the girls at school, there practically butt naked!" "Excuse me, I don't like your attitude right now!"

Wow I think and I've already pissed off mom. "Well" Margery says " there's no time for fighting we have a bus to catch." "Ok, I love you girls have a great day at school."

"Why do you have to piss off mom so damn bad?" Margery asks "you no you are just becoming an embarrassment, when mom has company she loves to brag a ton about us, and then people ask, hey what about Jasmine and she usually has to come up with some great lie." "Way to make me feel good about myself. And yes I aspire to do things, I want to be a singer and have a band of my own one day." "Really Jasmine, out of all the things you pick the career most likely to fail. Can you even sing?" "you can be such a jerk when you want to be, you no that." I say as I put in my earphones playing my music nice and loud.

I see the bus round the bend and then stop at the foot of the drive way. I find a seat on the bus with my best friend Archy. I call her my partner in crime because she's as badass as it gets.

"Hey darling" she says. Her big hazel eyes glistening in the morning light. "sup" I say as I plop down on the seat next to her. "nothing really. Well, I'm pretty damn tried I stayed up all night watching New Girl, that show is pretty addicting!" "I can't agree with you more my friend!"

"How do you think your going to do on the history test today?" Archy asks. "Oh crap is that today?" "ah, yea mr. T has only been reminding us for like a week now." "No, my parents will kill me if I get a bad grade!" "And since when do you care?" "You no, I usually don't" I sigh "but now this is different they are going crazy now whenever I get a bad report card, they start to loose there reputation."

I can't believe I just said that. Is that all I am to my parents a reputation. I don't want to be like everyone else. I want to be unique and successful in my own way. Yes I want them to be proud, but I also kind of want my pay back since there idea of a child is a straight a student, and that you can only get into IV league collages because that's not the person I am. And no, this is not a bad thing. I am just different.

tthoffmans note: I hope you liked the first chapter of different. If you liked it please stay tuned for more