Chapter 3 - The Saving Neighbour

CHARACTER INTRODUCTION: Liam Green (Poppy's Brother)

CHARACTER INTRODUCTION: Noah Pendragon (Liam's Best Friend & Next-Door Neighbour)

*CRASH! BANG! CLASH!*

What have I done? I've only gone and bashed into Lacey Turner again, but it's far worse than last time. I see Lacey as red in the face like a hot chilli pepper and is like a tiger ready to pounce on her pray. I look at her (what was) white off the shoulder top, now covered in orangey-brown left over lasagne from my plate.

"Oh my GOD! You're an absolute idiot! This costs like...a fortune." Lacey screeches as loud as she can, that not a single person in the canteen can ignore and all eyes turn to see the commotion. I look around the room and spot Brett Brooks sitting with his best mate and also other guitarist Nick Webb, who were laughing to themselves at the drama Lacey was causing. I scanned around the canteen trying to find an escape route (which I did) and made a run for it to the library, leaving Lacey stomping her feet like a five year old that couldn't have a chocolate bar. 

An hour probably had passed from the incident and I've been reading a book on a young adult who hasn't left the comfort of her home for three years. I think I need to go into hiding after todays disasters. I put my bookmarker in the page I finished on and dug inside my backpack for my art book to do some doodling. Later into the afternoon I was surprised to see Brett making an entrance into the library with some text books, this was probably the only time I've seen an  attempt to do some work. He sat down in the corner table on his own and was now stuck reading paragraphs in his text books. I was fascinated by him, he was different from any other guy I talk to even if that is just Toby and Noah. He was intriguing and mysterious but he was also intelligent and layed back. I am mesmerised by his nose piercing, I wondered why he decided to get it? Does it have a meaning? Was it for a dare? I let out a little smile, thinking this to myself. Getting so caught up in all the questions I was asking myself I didn't realise Brett had stopped studying and was staring back at me just like this morning in History class. I shifted my head back to focusing on my art book and continued doodling. I hear a small chime from my backpack, quickly scurrying I grabbed my iPhone and hid it from anyone's eyesight. I see a text from my brother Liam who is currently at University in Scotland, so I hardly ever get to see him anymore.