Chapter 1

Life is a valuable thing, never take it for granted because tomorrow is never promised. Never give up, never stop trying because you never know what your future can hold.

Aria's POV  

I, myself know that a little too well. When I was four years old I was raised by my grandma and grandpa. I never knew my birth parents or why they gave me up. I do know that  my grandparents loved me as much as they could. When I was six years old my grandma passed away and my grandpa and my aunt raised me. I was too little to remember exactly how everybody dealt with the situation or how I even felt at that time. Sadly my grandpa died two years later when I was 8 years old, and by my past I'm guessing my aunt didn't want to take care of me. I was put into Foster Care bouncing around from house to house 4 times.

Now I'm 16 years old a sophomore in high school, living in California trying to live a normal life. I was officially adopted 2 months ago by a family I have been with for almost 6 months. My adoptive family is almost how I pictured having family would be. I have a mom and dad who treat me like their own daughter, a brother named Cameron who is 18, and a sister named Bailey who is 15. 

~The next day~

I wake up, already wanting the day to be over. Its Friday i keep thinking to my myself. I don't hate school but I certainly don't like it. I wake up at 5:30 every day and work Mondays and Thursdays, teenagers deserve a break. I lay in my bed for about 10 minutes scrolling through Facebook, Instagram and looking at snap chats. I send a good morning streak to my brother and sister and my best friend. I finally get out of bed throw my clothes on, do my make up and hair, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, and run out the door to catch my bus. You would think my brother would give me and my sister a ride to school since he's 18, but I guess we aren't cool enough for him.

 My sister's always the last one at the bus stop considering she takes forever in the morning. I get to the stop right as the bus is pulling up my sister already in front of me, I guess I was running late this morning. We get on the bus and sit in the back with each other as usual, usually all the freshmen take up the front of the bus. It takes about 20 minutes and we're finally at school. I go straight to my locker and get what I need for the first four periods. I meet up with my best friend in the cafeteria while my sister goes off with her friends. 

The day goes by pretty quick and I'm already on the bus to home. When I get home I put my backpack on my bed and change into a Sports bra, sweat pants and put my hair up. I plug my phone into the speaker in my room and play my tryout song. Tryouts for the dance team are on Monday and I've been practicing all week. I'm in the middle of practicing when my brother and one of his friends walk into my room.

"Hey bighead" my brother says sitting down on my bed. 

His friend, Justin looks at me and smirks sitting down next to my brother. Don't get me wrong a lot of my brothers friends are cute, and if they asked me out I would probably say yes. But my brother and his friends aren't serious about relationships, they play around too much. 

"What do you boneheads want?" I ask them. 

"Ouch right in the feelings" my brother's friend says holding his heart. 

"I need to practice get out"I say laughing at how stupid they are. 

"Practice in front of us, we'll be your judges." My brother says. Not really having a choice, I practice in front of them. 

"You're definitely going to win, you looked hella cute dancing like that" Justin said licking his lips. 

"Thank you Justin" I say biting my lip just enough for him to see. 

I put a t-shirt over my sports bra and sit next to them. We talk about random things and me and Justin flirt, of course. All of my brothers friends flirt or call me cute, but with Justin its something different, but I'm probably overthinking. My sister comes in and sits next to me, looking at Justin almost the whole time. I love my sister and everything but she's one of those girls that flirts with many boys. Seeing her flirt with him makes me a little jealous inside, and I don't know why. It's not like me and Justin are dating or even talking, I doubt he even likes me. I see him look at me and anyone could tell I was a little upset. He smiles a little for only me to see and winks at me. My face instantly becomes red and I have to get up and pretend I'm fixing my hair so I don't get caught. 

Justin went home a couple minutes ago and I was laying on my bed thinking about today when I get a text message. I usually talk to all my friends over messenger, i barley use my actual number. I looked down and it was Justin, since when did i have his number? I opened the message and it read: "We should chill more, I really like being with you. Btw like my name in your phone?" I smiled at the message and kept looking at his nickname he put.