18:30

[A/N]: So sorry for the long update! But to make it up to you guys, there will be a new update everyday until Christmas. I'm on vacation right now so I have the time to spam you guys with new chapters! Yay! Anyway, enough of me talking. Here's the third chapter...

vote. comment. fan.

- kelly_1231

18:30

          "You've been watching that same movie over and over again," Jenny, the old lady, says from beside me. Her real name isn't Jenny, of course, but considering the fact that my Japanese is extremely terrible and I can't really say her name properly, she decided that I should just refer to her as simply, "Jenny".

          I look over to her and pull my headphones down. "Oh, ugh..." I look over to the screen in front of me where Drew is staring back. "...I-I really like Under The Mistletoe." It is the name of the movie I was watching a few hours ago where Drew kisses a brunette, of course, under a freaking mistletoe while the snow continues to fall delicately onto them (which I knew is fake as hell since the winters in Canada weren't always that pretty and whimsical).

          Jenny laughs. "You like that actor don't you?" She asks.

          "What?" I cry out with laughter. "That's ridicules--"

          "Your acting is ridicules."

          My face drops as Jenny bursts into laughter. She then places a hand on my shoulder and smiles. "I'm sorry," she says. "It's just that you're really bad at telling lies. I can see right through them." 

          I let out a sigh. "So I've been told..."

          "His name is Drew Hartley, right?" Jenny continues to ask as she gestures towards the screen in front of me. "That Canadian actor, no?"

          "Yeah.." I reply in a rather somber tone, realizing that my ex-boyfriend seemed to be gaining more international recognition as the months went by and his fame continued to grow amongst the hormonal creatures that are adolescent teenage girls.

          Jenny's eyes starts to analyze me and I immediately grow self-conscience about myself.

          "You know that young man, don't you?" Jenny eventually asks me. My head instantly snaps in her direction, my eyes wide with surprise that an old lady could come up with such a conclusion just by looking at my emotionless face. "I can see the hurt in your eyes."

          "Trust me, every girl in North America is hurting every time they look at his face and realize that they have zero chance with him--"

          "But you're different. You know Drew Hartley, don't you?"

          "Oh, look. They have Crazy, Stupid, Love on this thing," I say, quickly changing the subject as I exit the movie that I am watching and click on the the first title that I see which is the Crazy, Stupid, Love, starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone. Just as I am about to pull back my headphones over my ears so that I can admire Ryan Gosling's face in peace without thinking about a certain somebody while an old lady nags me about who I know and who I don't, Jenny, of course, stops me midway through my action.

          When I turn to look at Jenny, all I see is nothing by sympathy in her sharp eyes. She smiles and says, "If you want him back, dear, all you have to do is tell him so--"

          "Too bad every time a girl does that, she's either seen as desperate or obsessive."

          "So? Isn't everybody a bit desperate for love?" Jenny counters, raising an eyebrow in my direction.