03:03

[A/N] Not as long as I hoped this chapter would be but it's here, so yeah.. Lol, a new update will be up tomorrow night ^.^

FOUR MORE CHAPTERS LEFT!

vote. comment. fan? :3

- kelly_1231

03:03

            As soon as I am finished explaining why I find December so depressing to Drew, I quickly realize that I haven't called any of my family members to let them know where I am.

            "Shit," I mutter, getting up from my seat. I look over to Drew and sigh. "Can you watch my luggage? I have to go to a payphone and call my family to let them know I'm stuck in Detroit for three days--"

            "You too?" Drew asks.

            "Yeah."

            Drew softly laughs as he takes out his iPhone from his pockets. He types his password in and then looks up to me. "Use my phone," he insists, holding it out for me. I just stare at it and notice that it is the latest version.

            "Won't you get charged?" I ask, looking back up to meet his gaze..

            "It's covered. I can call and text anyone basically anywhere in the world," he explains. He then continues shoving the phone towards me. "Go. Call your family. I'll watch your stuff."

            I give Drew a small smile as I take the phone into my hands. "Thanks," I murmur.

            Drew nods. "No problem."

            I proceed to walk away from Drew and towards the the large windows behind him. Once I've stopped in front of the windows where the snow storm continues to cover the airport in blankets of snow, I begin dialing my house number in Toronto. It only takes two rings for somebody to pick up the phone.

            "Jessica!" My brother, Justin, shouts through the phone. "Did you catch your flight?"

            "Ugh, no. That's why I'm calling you--"

            Justin curses under his breath and I roll my eyes. "We were watching the news a couple of hours ago and we heard about the snow storm that's going around in Michigan and other parts of the US, and how some flights will be delayed or cancelled. Why weren't you able to catch your flight?"

            "Because my flight coming from Japan to Michigan was delayed. They had to slow down a little bit for safety issues--"

            "When's your next flight then?"

            "In three days--"

            "THREE DAYS?!"

            I groan. "I know," I say. "but else can I do? I have to wait it out."

            "But Jess," Justin says. "i'ts Christmas. What are we going to do without your sarcastic humour?"

            I laugh. "Look, just don't wait up for me, alright? I don't want to ruin Christmas for everybody else, so just continue on with Christmas dinner and you know, opening presents in front of everybody." I pause for a moment. "Just save me of some of the ham I know you and dad made, alright? Wait. Scratch that. Saved me a little bit of everything."

            Justin chuckles. "Mom's going to freak out..."

            "I know. Can you tell her for me?"