Chapter Four

Selena’s POV:

“I just need some space right now Justin.” I sighed into the phone at my worried husband.

The only reason I’m on the phone with him right now is because he has called me at least twenty times in the past hour. I know it was wrong that I left just like that, without even leaving a note, but I was beyond furious.

“Baby, what do you mean you need some space right now?” Justin asked confused. “You need to come home.”

“I’m not coming home right now Justin. Obviously I’m just in the way of you having your ‘fun’.”

“Baby, I didn’t mean it okay? Please you and Chris just come back home.”

“No Justin.” I said taking a breath. “No.”

“Can’t we talk about this?”

“Yes we can. But not now. I—I need to go, Chris is hungry. Bye Justin.” I said then hung up without another word and I placed my elbows on the kitchen counter in front of me with my head in my hands.

“Sweetie everything is going to be okay.” She said patting my back.

“No it isn’t Barbara.” I cried. “What if Justin and I can never make up? What if I have his second child on my own?”

“Selena look at me.” She said sternly and I turned around to look at her.

“You and Justin have been through so much together. I doubt this little argument ya’ll had will ruin ya’ll relationship, okay?” She said giving me a hug. “You’re just a little stressed out with the new baby on the way and all.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right.” I sighed and pulled away.

“Of course I am Selena.” Barbara chuckled. “So when do you think you’ll talk to him?”

“I—I don’t know.”

“Well don’t forget, Justin does have a son, and I’m pretty sure that son of his will be asking questions pretty soon.”

“Again you’re right.” I sighed.

Maybe I did make a mistake of just leaving?

“So what time are you picking Chris up from Emily’s?” Barbara asked walking over to the refrigerator.

“Oh snap, I should be going now!” I said grabbing my keys and purse.

“Okay I have to go some errands for a bit, then I’ll bring some Chinese food for dinner. Does that sound good?”

“That sounds excellent.” I chuckled. “I’ll see you in a bit.” I said and walked out of Barbara’s apartment complex in into my car.

I drove over to my younger sister’s, Emily’s apartment that she shares with her boyfriend. Luckily Emily’s and Jordan’s apartment is only ten minutes away.

I pulled up and walked up to their door knocking twice, only to be greeted by my son.

“Hey buddy!” I smiled ear to ear.

“HI MOMMY!” He smiled reaching his hands out and I picked him up and walked into my sister’s apartment.

“EMILY!” I yelled. Nothing. “Where is your Auntie Emily?” I asked my son.

“Her and Jordan locked themselves in their room.” He said. “And I keep hearing noises!” He whispered the last part. “Is Jordan hurting Auntie Emily?”