Wifey Material

Odell's POV

I attempted to make it to Summer's doctors appointment on time but I overslept. It would've been nice to be there since she was 16 weeks and I haven't seen a single ultrasound. Last night I talked to Angel and she was telling me how hurt Summer's was and how she thought I didn't love her. I don't know what I might have said for her to think that. I love her and that will never change, that's my baby. I hate that I'm the one causing her this pain and I just want her to be happy again. I want to be with her but I don't want her to be with me if she doesn't want to be.

I don't want her to think I just gave up on us, I want it to be an us again. I miss her. But if I can't make her happy, I want her to be with somebody who will. I seen Summer leaving out the doctors office so I put the car in park and got out the car.

"Summer" I say aloud and she glances over her shoulder as I walk up to her.

"I tried to get here on time"

"It's okay" She says softly pulling her keys out her purse and unlocks the car doors.

"You know I love you right?" I ask and she turns around. She had the "How did you know I was questioning your love for me?" look.

"How did the appointment go?" I ask her just trying to get her to talk to me. It's like I was making her nervous, I've never see her like this.

"Good. The baby's healthy" She responds.

"I'm sorry" I say again just so she could know I was deeply sorry.

"Odell I said it was okay" She replies.

"I wasn't talking about for being late. I mean I'm sorry for everything" I tell her looking her in the eyes so she could tell I was being genuine. "About the other night I didn't-"

"It's fine Odell, I'm fine"

"No you aren't fine, Why are you pushing me away? Is it just hormones from the pregnancy or because you think I'll cheat again?" She looks down and I raise her chin making her look at me.

"Both" Summer replies back softly "It's like...I-I....I don't know" She just sighs. I could tell she was trying to tell me what was wrong but just couldn't put it to words.

"I want to work this out because I love you and I can't lose you. You don't have to come back home if you don't want to. But we can just take baby steps to restore this marriage. We can start from scratch" I grasp both of her hands.

"I don't want to start from scratch. I want everything to be the same. I don't want to seem like a petty ass bitch that can't let go of your mistakes but you cheating affected me more than you think." Summer says I could tell she was trying her best not to spazz out on me. "By you going to another girl for sex it's just like.....Was she prettier than me? Did she have a bigger ass than me? Did she have a banging ass body?"

"Summer you're perfect, no one can even compare to you. You're beautiful baby girl, I'm lucky to have you. Any nigga would be lucky to have you. I fucked up, I gave into the temptation of a hoe and that was the biggest mistake" I pull her closer to me resting my hand on her lower waist.

"Did she at least suck your dick?" Summer questions looking up at me. I just stare not knowing what she was getting at by asking this question and she laughs, damn I missed her smile. "Awnn don't tell me she was a hoe with morals" She teases and I just laugh rolling my eyes.

I pull her closer to me hugging her and I could feel the baby bump against my stomach. She looks up at me glancing at my lips so I knew she wanted a kiss. I leaned down and kissed her lips softly. She stood on her tip toes to deepen the kiss. It felt so good to have her in my arms again.

"I'm gonna go and get Messiah" Summer tells me as she pulls away from the kiss. "Okay" I say as I peck her lips.

"I love you" I tell her as she gets in the car. She looks at me and smile "I love you too" I close the door for her and head back to my car. That went way better than I expected it to go. I'm happy she's opening up to me again. I still wanna give her the space she needs but I'll be happy when we'll be back to normal.

Summer's POV

I picked up Messiah from practice and went to the store to get more stuff for the baby. I'm really  excited for the baby. I want a little girl just so I can dress her like me, but then again Messiah didn't give Odell and I a hard time so maybe I want a boy. I'll be happy no matter what though.

Messiah fell asleep in the car and I couldn't carry him inside because he's too heavy for me now, so I had to wake him up. He gets out the car still half asleep leaning on me as we walked. I just laugh as he stumbles because his eye were closed. I walk slowly to the front door and dig in my purse for my keys. I unlock the front door and walk inside the house. I see Odell walking down the stairs.

"Hey" He says  with a confused look walking over to me kissing my cheek. "Can you carry Messiah to his room?"

He picks him up and I follow behind him going into our bedroom changing into something more comfortable."You staying the night?" I hear Odell ask.

"Do you want me to?" I reply back putting my hair into two french braids. "Of course I do"

"Look what I have" I say reaching into my purse grabbing the little white envelope.

"What is it?"

"I had the doctor write down the gender and put it in the envelope" I respond. His face lit up like Messiah's does whenever someone mentions ice cream. "I wanted us both to find out at the same time"

"Open that shit" He laughs trying to grab it out of my hand but I hide it behind my back.

"C'mon" I say grabbing his hand, walking down the hall to a room. I turn on the light as we walk in.

"This is gonna be the baby's room right?" I ask looking around at the space in the room. "Yeah"

"I'm really excited for this baby" I say walking around the room trying to plan out how I wanted to decorate the room. "Me too"

"Hopefully if it's a boy he'll wanna play basketball. I'm tired of football games"

"Imma just pretend you didn't say that" Odell chuckles.

"Ooh if it's a girl we have to sign her up for cheerleading" Just thinking about going to my daughter's cheerleading competition made me even more anxious to find out if it'll actual be a reality.

"If it's a boy what do you wanna name him?" I ask Odell. "Ocho Cinco" He responds

"Nigga if you say that name one more time we're fighting" We both laugh.

"Just open the envelope please" Odell replies. I open it and pull out the little piece of paper with the gender on it.

"So what does it say?"

"Looks like I'll have my little cheerleader" I smile looking at Odell. He pulls me into a hug and rocks me from side to side.

"Please don't turn her into a spoiled brat" I say looking up at Odell. "Why not? She'll be just like her mommy"  He responds and I just mean mug him. He starts to laugh and kiss my lips. Wow I really can't wait for the baby.

30 comments for the next chapter.

Any baby name recommendations? I'm using one of the names you all recommend so comment cause I might just choose yours!