Chapter 37

Beyoncè Giselle Knowles

"Bey, wait! Before you can jump to conclusions-"

"Before I jump to conclusions?!" I retort, crawling off the bed.

I can feel anger rushing through my body and tears streaming down my face as I continue,"it's a little bit too late for that. I knew you weren't going to stay loyal-"

"I am loyal!" Robyn interrupts. She starts to say something else but I cut her off.

"Are you? Are you really?" I ask, standing at the edge of the bed," so tell me... who is kitten and why is she blowing up your fucking phone like that? Better yet, why are the messages hidden?"

I stare at her as she sits in the same spot on the bed, covering her eye with her hand, staring back at me. My heart feels like it's breaking into a million pieces as the silence goes on.

I continue on, speaking past the lump in my throat," See, you can't even answer my question. how am I supposed to be with someone who doesn't know who they want?"

By the end of the sentence, Robyn is off the bed and hovering over me, an angry expression on her face.

" First of all, don't you dare say some shit like that! I know what I want and that's for sure! Don't you dare come talking about some shit like that, when you don't even know if you're gay or not! You're so fucking confusing! First, it's you want me one moment and the next, you not sure about what the fuck is going on! How can I be with you when you don't know what you want?!" She snaps, pointing at me,  venom dripping from every word that she says.

 Her yelling is a dark side of her I've never seen and it's shaking me to the core but my unabating anger is still taking over my body. 

"I know what I want but it's impossible to tell what you want. Is it everyone else or is it me?," I ask, picking up my shirt and slipping it over my half- naked body. 

Once again, she doesn't say anything so I continue on," see, I've been thinking it from the start. There's no way that you can drop all of your ways for a girl you knew for almost a week. There's no way! And for me to actually sit here and think that I was gonna start laying everything on the line for you. I'm taking you to meet my mother! Do you know how bad that can go in 60 seconds? I guess that if you were trying to play me to be a fool, it worked. Because I'm feeling like the biggest one right now. I thought we had something, but now I see that us," I motion between me and her," we're opposites. We just weren't meant to be, I guess." 

With that, I turn around and make my way to the door. I make it about halfway, before I feel Robyn tug on my arm. 

I whip around, pulling my arm out of Robyn's grip,"don't you fucking touch me."

"If you would let me explai-"

"Explain!" I yell, throwing my hands up,"explain to me what you have to say about this whole situation, considering you had nothing to say earlier."

Robyn sighs and removes her hand from her eye. I see that there is a cut and it's starting to swell, but no type of sympathy is flowing through me as I await her explanation.

"She was just telling me that she was sorry about..." her voice trails off and she looks away.

"About what? Why won't you tell me anything? Why is everything a secret with you," I ask, backing away from her.

She takes my hand in hers,"wait."

"Don't touch me!" I yell at her, making her jump.

Robyn sighs again,"ok. She came on to me in the museum bathroom, talking about she wanted to talk to me and stuff."