Chapter 39

Kehlani Ashley Parrish

12:00 a.m 

"You did what?" I ask the girl who just randomly showed up at my front door.

"I'm sorry. I just-she told me to and I couldn't say no." The girl say, wiping away the tears that fell from her eyes.

"Mama?" I hear Robin ask, interrupting me from saying anything else.

I turn my head and see Robin standing behind me with chocolate ice cream smeared on her face.

"Go finish your ice cream, baby girl," I say to her. She totally ignores me and walks through the little space between me and the door.

"Hi," she says, waving to the girl,"you pwetty. What your name?"

The girl looks at me, hesitantly and I raise an eyebrow, wanting to know her name too. 

"I go by Tanya," she says to Robin. Robin sticks her finger in her mouth and nods, as if she was thinking about something.

"Go in the house now," I tell her. 

"Bye, Tanya," she says, then she walks back into the house.

I watch as she walks back into the house, then I turn back to Tanya,"so you telling me that she sent you there to interfere with what they had going on?"

Tanya nods,"y-yes. B-but don't get mad-"

"Too late," I say, taking my phone out of my shorts pocket.

"No. No," Tanya pleads, snatching my phone from my hand.

I glare at her like she's just lost her damn mind,"girl. Give me my phone back."

"Please don't tell her I told you. I don't know what she'll do." She begs, more tears escaping her eyes.

My heart goes warm and my body relaxes as a sigh comes from me. I start to feel bad for her situation.

"Ok. I won't. But why did you tell me then?"

"Because... Robyn's going to come her thinking that you you sent me there. She said that you sent me, so I know that she already thinks that. And I feel bad about what I did..." her voice drifts off as she hands me my phone back.

I nod and slip my phone back into my pocket. There's something about this girl that told me I could trust her, and I'm going to go with my gut.

"Ok. Fine. We'll sweep this aside until later."

"Thank you. Thank you so much," Tanya says, pressing her hands together. I see a smile cross her face, showcasing her dimples. 

I wipe the tears from her face and smile too,"don't cry anymore. You're too beautiful for that."

She nods,"Thank you. I really appreciate that." 

"what's your real name?" I ask her.

"I can't tell you because then I'll have to kill you," she says, smiling. 

For some reason, my mind goes blank as if I tried to remember something but I forgot.

"Uh..." I draw out, trying to come to my senses. Once I do I ask,"can I get ya number at least?"

She nods and reaches out her hand, phone in it. I catch myself staring at her beautiful face again, still struck by her smile.

"Your number?" Tanya finally asks, raising an eyebrow.

I snap out of my thoughts and blink a couple of times,"Uh... yea. Right."

I put my number in her phone and hand it back to her,"can I get your number?"

"No," she replies," I'll call you."

"Ok," I say, licking my lips. 

I watch as she turns and begins walking down the driveway, then I back into my house, my mind rushing. 

I close the door and walk over to my couch. Sitting on it, I debate whether or not I need to make that call. 

That bitch is ruining everything I had planned. I gotta come up with something else. 

I turn on my phone and call my plug, Kent.

"Wassup?" He answers on the first ring.

"Listen. Change of plans." I tell him.

"Ok. Wassup?" he asks.

"Here's what gonna happen..." 

********************************************************

Vote. Comment. 

I appreciate all the love on my new book.

~Trina J.